Junior Race
Anonymous
Unregistered

Junior Race
Not looking too bad today, and the race is a go very shortly.
01-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

They're Off
They're off with Kenny McRea and Craig Atkinson leading off towards Bray Hill.

Next it's Andy Jackson and Alan Jackson, followed by Maria Costello and Rob Sells, next it's Ian Pattinson and John Burrows, then Gavin Bell and Seamus Green, Barry Davidson and Maurice Hogg, then Paul Corrin on his own, next is Barry McGuire and Phil mcGuirk,
01-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glen Helen
Alan Jackson retired,

Placings

Pattinson
Burrows
Greene
Atkinson
McRae
McGuire
Fulton
Oates
Davidson
Hogg
Desmond
01-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ramsey Lap 1
First through is Mcrae with Atkinson on his tail, next it's Pattinson and Rob Sells, Andy Jackson, Greene, Costello, Hogg, Davidson and McGuire

Placings

Pattinson
Burrows
Greene
McRae
Atkinson
McGuire
Fulton
Hogg
Davidson

01-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ramsey Lap 2
Sorry folks, lots of connection problems today.

Maria Costello lapped at 113+ on her first lap.

First in is Pattinson with Greene and Burrows running close behind, next through is Andy Jackson, next is Costello and Hogg and Davidson running close, next is Fulton looking very quick next is McGuirk and Bell, then Corrin, Birkhead a long way to Bray and then Brien, next is Spooner then

Placings

Greene
Pattinson
Burrows
Fulton
Atkinson
Hogg
Davidson
Desmond
Oates
McGuirk
Jackson
Costello
Corrin

01-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glen Helen - Lap 3
Sorry again folks, connection problems are making this a pain.

Placings

Greene
Pattinson
Burrows
Fulton
Atkinson
Davidson

Hogg
Oates
Jackson
01-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ramsey - Lap 3
First in is Pattinson with Greene getting close, next is Burrows a little way back, then it's a long wait to Atkinson, next through comes Andy Jackson, then Davidson very fast and Si Fulton looking a bit ragged on the braking, next is Maria Costello, then Desmond and Corrin with Bell behind them.

Placings

Greene
Burrows
Burrows
Fulton
Atkinson
Davidson
Desmond
Hogg
Birkhead
Jackson
Corrin
Costello
Bell

01-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Grandstand End of Lap 3
Pattinson took the lead from Greene over the mountain.

First across the line is Pattinson and then Greene follows, getting the lead back by 0.98, a gap now to Burrows, Atkinson howls through, another gap to Andy Jackson and Barry Davidson together, next is

Placings (corrected)

Pattinson (<1)
Greene (+44)
Burrows
Fulton
Atkinson
Davidson
Desmond
Oates
Birkhead
Hogg
Jackson

01-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glen Helen - Lat Lap
First through is Pattinson with Greene running close, then it's Burrows, a gap back to Atkinson, then Fulton comes through with Davidson and Jackson running close, now it's Hogg then Maria Costello, next Desmond, Corrin and Birkhead

Placings

Pattinson (+3.32)
Greene
Burrows
Fulton
Atkinson
Desmond
Davidson
Oates
Birkhead
Hogg
Jackson

01-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ramsey - Last Lap
In comes Pattinson first, a gap to Greene flying up to the hairpin, a gap to Burrows, then Atkinson, next through is Fulton, next is Jackson, then Davidson,

Placings

Pattinson
Greene
Burrows
Fulton
Atkinson
Davidson
Corrin
Bell
Hogg
Jackson
Costello
01-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Finish Line
And Ian Pattinson comes across the line to take his first win, and number 12 for the Bullock team.

Seamus Greene then comes in looking rather disconsolate at his second place.

Placings (provisional)

Pattinson
Greene
Burrows

01-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Follow Up
Placings

Ian Pattinson
Seamus Greene
John Burrows
Craig Atkinson
Simon Fulton
Steven Oates

01-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Follow Up
Congratulations to my two mates, Seamus Greene and John Burrows, well done lads, and hard luck to Kenny McCrea, but theres always to morrow.
01-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

what happened to the chicken choker? and cargo for that matter???
cheers, ade!
01-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Funny you should mention that, I wondered where cargo had got, keeping my fingers crossed for his first rep.

So much progress and new technology, if it had been a T.T or MGP in the sixties I would now be sitting in the garage or the Douglas bay or later years that illegal drinking den "Dunns Bar" in Hutchinson square reading all about him and everyone else in Fred Hank's magnificent rag the T.T. Special

Always in the newsagents within a few hours of racing, full write up with photos mentioning all and sundry, the quick and the not so quick, retirements where and why.

Even if you were not on the island you would get it in the post, sometimes even the next morning.

And Fred was just a motor cycle dealer from Erdington, but you got a good read about everything within a few hours.

01-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Tom the TT Special but i dont know if they did a MGP edition?
01-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Pykey they did print a MGP "TT Special", got every copy from 1960 until Fred stopped printing it.
01-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for that Tom i have a lot of old TT Specials then it was in book form for a few years.
01-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just found out Cargo dropped a valve at Union Mills on the first lap, may not ride in tomorrows 400.
01-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I totally agree. I used to get the TT Special from the Broadway paper shop (no longer there) before going into the Villa for the presentation. Like Tom, I have most editions back into the 60's. And there most certainly was a Manx GP series. A practice edition, then one for the Tuesday races, and another for Thursday's Senior race.

It contained all the practice reports, top six in each class, info on any incidents, Who's Who on the riders, full race reports lap-by-lap, with plenty of photos of anyone and everyone.

Loads of interesting little stories in the Fred's Jottings and ChaTTerbox features too. About any and every rider. Not like today, when you have to be a crony of the sports editor to get a mention at all.

Sadly missed. And I'd never part with my collection. But I'm open to offers for swaps though!!
01-09-2005, 10:21 PM