Qualifying times
Anonymous
Unregistered

Qualifying times
i have just come back from the manx, one thing i think should be introduced is a ruling where if a number of sessions have been missed or been on wet roads, then all riders should be allowed extra mins on their qualifying times. We had a situation where even on fri and sat riders were having to push on wet roads to make what could be as little as 30 secs.It could be anounced before a certain session that this ruling was being inforced that year, there by stopping riders having to push on unfit roads. safety must come first. i hope somebody will read this and take the idea forward.

04-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Qualifying times
I have always said that there should be qualifying
times for wet conditions, but instead it's normally announced that the wet sessions would be untimed and the laps will count as a lap towards the number of laps needed to qualify without
the time. Hope that's clear what I'm trying to say !
05-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Qualifying times
My opinion of the practise sessions this year is that it was a real mess.Apart from occasional inclement weather,parked vehicles,and fires,the sessions were a farce.Mostly we arrived early for scrutineering in order to take advantage of being amongst the first to go,only to find that the lower numbers were all allowed out first.Two whole rows of bikes out in front which meant that we were amongst the last third.With shortened sessions,this meant it was difficult,sometimes impossible,to get 2 laps,and then there was no time to call in the pits to make any adjustments.Some riders,who were entered in both classic and lightweight/ultra lightweight classes,managed 4 laps on one machine as they also went out in the second session.In fact on some evenings it was total chaos,lots more pushing and shoving than usual,not exactly putting riders in a calm frame of mind to tackle such a demanding course.Naturally,those who were first out each session will wonder what I am going on about!
I must apologise to anyone if we pushed in a little,but we were becoming very frustrated.In my opinion,it was the worst organised pracise week I can recall,and,added to the sad loss of several riders,it was a difficult two weeks.Sincere condolences to all families and friends of those competitors.

Many thanks to all marshalls,as they too must have had a tough time.
We can only look to some improvements for next year,and more organised practise sessions.
06-09-2005, 08:44 AM