MCN full of lies
Anonymous
Unregistered

MCN full of lies
I have not bought this week's rag, and I won't, but I understand it is full of rubbish about marshalling at the bottom of Bray, written by a lowlife who joined us briefly there.
As Roger (Chair of the TTMA) would confirm, I expressed some concerns about the marshalling arrangements there at TT time. However, young Andy, Deputy Sector Marshall, has addressed all of those and done a great job managing all of us in the team, amd covering the area from Ago's up to the top of Bray.
We were never understaffed, and, furthermore, we never had less fully trained and experienced marshalls than we needed.
Well done Andy, Jimmy (flag marshall) and all the rest of the Bray Hill Mob.
To the cretin from MCN I would say put up or shut up ...no...just p***s off. Thank God we never had an incident where you were called on to work.
Daren't buy MCN anyway, it's got a photo of Charlie Hulse in it..uncensored!! Teehee!
15-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MCN full of lies
16-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

New marshalls are not left to manage incidents on their own. They have experienced marshalls with them.

I turned up at a location this year and just signed on....no problems at all it was a pleasure and at no time did I feel out of my depth.

16-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

16-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Been watching at bottom of Bray Hill for many years , there an excellent team who all know there tasks ( ask Paul Orrit ) , it has always been practice to bring in extra marshals at locations on the circuit . They are purely for extra help if needed & would never be thrown into a dangerous situation .
The article in MCN is rubbish , firstly it is pure fiction to suggest there was one marshal at Governors on race day & none within a mile either side .
Also do not understand the relevance of the accident with the rope to marshalling , also dont understand the relevance of the unfortunate accident with Gus Scott & April Bolger this was a terrible tragedy & has nothing to do with marshalling standards .
Also DJs accident where one of the top competitors ignored the flags nearly to his own cost .
Is this the same MCN which the day after the senior TT took Adrian Archibalds full race bike out for an illegal lap on the circuit boasting of speeds in excess of 150mph .Dont talk about safety . Smacks of double standards to me .
Should be firmly put in its place MCN , ass wiping material .
16-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree, MCN is mainly full of rubbish or adverts. I also treat some of the claims made in the marshalling report with sceptisism, one marshall at Governors Bridge for a mile in each direction!!!! Don't believe a word of that.
However, there are some aspects of the article which should be taken very seriously.
For example, would a court of law consider an official competent to carry out any duty having recieved just 20 mins training?
Who would be responsible if such a person made a fatal mistake?
Before we all start a hate campaign against MCN, lets take a look at the true facts they've found and put those right first.
16-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

16-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

16-09-2005, 03:46 PM