DJ Birthday today
Anonymous
Unregistered

DJ Birthday today
I logged on to tell you that it would have been DJ's 33rd birthday today. Then I saw the news of Richard Britton and the rally driver.Very sad news indeed. With these tragedies, and that to James Crumpton, it's a soberly reminder to everyone, that when you choose Motorsport for your hobby, it's not just the Isle of Man that's dangerous.I've always said that anything over the speed of chess is potentially dangerous.
I offer my deepest sympathy to the families of those who have lost a loved one over the last few days.
As for DJ. He'll still be tearing up the heavenly highways on some oversize chariot of some kind.
Sad, very sad.

18-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: DJ Birthday today
Friday was Ade's birthday, yesterday was mine, Stirling Moss's and Damon Hill's, so this little section of September is obviously seriously signed for speed.
I am sure that today the Jefferies family have been remembering the amazing guy David was, and celebrating that.
James' death has probably been the hardest for me to understand. Did anyone ever have such terrible luck? However, I know he would say he had a great life, because he saw the silver lining every time.
It's so difficult to believe Richard has gone, and to find that rallying has had another unexpected tragedy too makes it a really horrible weekend.
I work with older people..MUCH older people, and we lost our chair this week. He was in his 80s, but still had so much to do.
One of our members, who is in her 90s tells me.."there is no age to die, but there is a time to die." It must be earlier for some of us.
And they do say that the good die young. We will always remember them as they were, not as they might have become.

18-09-2005, 07:54 PM