Suzuki parts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Suzuki parts
I'm currently rebuilding my 600 Suzuki it blew up at the Manx does anyone know of a parts supplier that does discounted prices on Suzuki parts for racers.
I don't want to have to pay full retail price if I can avoid it.
29-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Suzuki parts
Hi Cargo :-
Try Spares Direct Ltd, 861, Harrow Road, London, NW10 5NH 020 8969 0741. They advertise in Classic Racer, Classic,Post Classic, Modern,Geys, Parallels and Imports Suzuki spares. Its run by an ex racer of the '80s whos name Ive completely forgotten at the minute !!!!!!! Tell him youre a poor hard up racer (aint we all) it might help. LOL

Other than that, Crooks Suzuki, I suppose, Barrow-in Furness, I think, sorry dont have any contact details.

Was it a Big blow up or a minor one (if there is such a thing!!)
30-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

For the likes of you and me Ammo any blow up is a big one.
As it happens the cylinder head is stuffed along with 4 valves, both cam shafts, camchain, piston, and spark plug. Have you seen the price of those high tech clever spark plugs.

I'm going to try a rebuild it myself for no other reason than the pleasure of knowing I did it.

I've tracked down parts at a decent discount although I did find an Americian website that did OE parts very very cheap but they won't ship outside of the US.

11 months and counting
30-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds like a big enough blow up to me !! Derek Loan is the bloke at Spares Direct, no I didnt remember, I looked it up on the website which is <A HREF="http://www.sparesdirect.co.uk">www.sparesdirect.co.uk</A>. Wouldnt it be cheaper to get a motor from a scrapyard, if you can find one?

These high tech bits are expensive, which is why I try to avoid anything that uses them, but seems like everythings getting that way nowadays.

ammo
01-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cargo, go to <A HREF="http://www.wera.com">www.wera.com</A> Then make a post in WTD When you get a reply from a guy under rfairbairn! You have the best man to deal with.

01-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks folks I've got it sorted
06-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Suzuki NOW AT MILTON KEYNES
SUZUKI Parts departments are moving from Crawley to Milton Keynes, we are told !!!
07-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Suzuki NOW AT MILTON KEYNES
Must be the gipsy in their soul ?
07-10-2005, 08:34 PM