SALE at MURRAYS MUSEUM
Anonymous
Unregistered

SALE at MURRAYS MUSEUM
Thanks Arthur for the link to the sale of the items and machines from Murrays Museum...

That has made it pretty much irreversible, has it not.

So that's it, GONE.

Prices are about right for the magpies who will scatter the collection to the four corners of the planet.

It is worth keeping a colour print of the sale to remind ourselves of days gone by.

What will the empty building be used for ??

An absolute shame, shame, shame.....
04-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: SALE at MURRAYS MUSEUM link
Arthurs Link

<A HREF="http://www.racing-motorcycles.co.uk/murraymuseum.shtml">http://www.racing-motorcycles.co.uk/murraymuseum.shtml</A>

Thanks Arthur
04-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: SALE at MURRAYS MUSEUM
04-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: SALE at MURRAYS MUSEUM link
Very interesting what a SCANDAL who is responsible?
05-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: SALE at MURRAYS MUSEUM
Isnt the Classic show about now?
05-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MUSEUM BROCHURE ?
Was there ever a proper illustrated catalogue or brochure of the contents of the Museum as it was before it closed ?

I can not remember seeing one and with the bikes packed in as they were, it was always difficult for visitors to see the bikes properly.

Pity someone hadn't taken an opportunity to document and photograph the collection before it was broken up.

(Any chances Messrs McDiarmid, Snelling, Knight and Co. ?)

Looking at some of the pics I am reminded that many of the machines are corroding away(I noticed it on my last visit) so the upside of this upheaval is that perhaps new owners will at least revamp each machine so they look better than they do at present.

It's only when something like this happens that one says "I wish I had done......" and then this may not have happened.

Captain Cretney seems to be assuming a low profile ! What's cooking, David ? Which ones are to be kept on the Island ?

05-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MUSEUM BROCHURE ?
I used to have time for Mr Cretney but alas money rules and he needs to be a YES man to keep his job.
05-10-2005, 05:56 PM