One of Murrays ???
Anonymous
Unregistered

One of Murrays ???
<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Manx-Norton-350cc-Classic-racing-motorcycle-Vintage_W0QQitemZ6566567670QQcategoryZ10957QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Manx-Norton-350cc-Classic-racing-motorcycle-Vintage_W0QQitemZ6566567670QQcategoryZ10957QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem</A>
08-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: One of Murrays ???
The seller is the son of someone well known to many of us, and very much missed.

<A HREF="http://www.racing-motorcycles.co.uk/">http://www.racing-motorcycles.co.uk/</A>
08-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I feel we should give them some stick for assisting with the break up of a fantastic collection, and on Ebay? What will they do with their profit from donated items, somone is going to get rich from other peoples charity, most of which are no longer here to whitness it!

I hope there is a large donation towards motorcycle charties on the island at some point in the future???
08-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks like that once the 'Cherry Pickers' have done most of it will dribble onto E,Bay.
I doubt,looking at the reserve,if the Manx or the old Triumph will get a bid unless they have an exceptional proven history.
What amazes me is how much stuff has no relation to motorcycles.
Those old model trains will make a packet
08-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wonder how much will end up at The Stafford show isnt it this week or next?
09-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aparrently this sale has been arranged over the last 9 months, I e-mailed the person on Ebay to voice my dissaproval with the whole matter and this was his responce.

Dear sir

we agree and the isle of Man goverment are not interested, I have spent 9 months trying to sell as a whole

regards

Steve RIM UK.

This means all that visited the TT this year were duped into feeling there was nothing wrong.

WHY didnt they ring the alarm bells so we as a group of supporters could have had the opertunity to bail it out or voice our objections, There seems to have been some sort of cover up somewhere.

What the hell is going to happen to Joey's memorial now? Look out for it on Ebay, I think we may see more of the TT parafinalia on there after 2007, Score board, Weathered Black Hut, 37 miles of tarmac suitable for hardcore, We will see.
09-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

11-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think we're being a bit hard on Peter Murray, whose business this is. He's retiring, and will need the proceeds to live on. While some of the exhibits were donated, they are his now. I gave a couple of bikes to people who race, and was not offended when they sold them on.
I don't imagine Mr M has been living the life of Riley off the income from the Museum, and he has had the upkeep of it and the exhibits over the years. It's sad it's going, but if it isn't making money, he wants to retire,and noone else is willing to take it on, what else can he do?
11-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree on reflection, I realise what the Manx government are like, (lived there 12 years) he probably gave them every chance but became disgruntled with the response. It is not Peters fault.

But some people who made donations are still alive, I know how I would feel if I was one of them and my donation to the museum was being sold.

Just had a response from David Cretney which mentions a recent meeting between Government and Manx National Heritage representatives and Peter but it doesn't say if anything has been concluded.

11-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joeys statue could be better placed at the 26th, after the museum closes, perhaps ??
11-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

When people donate things they need to be really clear what they mean. I gave my bikes with no conditions, but the Alford Museum up in Aberdeenshire has a full contract, with proper procedures which cover every eventuality...who insures them, can the Museum take them out, who do they actually belong to, etc etc.
In the old days, "gentlemen's agreements" meant people were a bit fudged about these arrangements. A museum might restore a vehicle at great cost to themselves only to have the owner take it back the next week, or the owner might go looking for his machine only to find it had been sold or worse...scrapped!
Never give anything away unless you mean it...if it's a loan, say so...in writing.
11-10-2005, 11:00 PM