at last, the vulcan in the flesh!
Anonymous
Unregistered

at last, the vulcan in the flesh!
brousing round all the bikes, trikes and three wheelers yesterday at the mallory park sidecar do i saw in the distance what was unmistakably a vincent v-twin - ha! a light green vincent 1000? i went to see, and as i was getting closer i first noticed the fishtail silencer - odd, then the gold pinstriping and lettering on the very un vincent like tank - even odder. and there it was in front of me, the only one of it's kind in the world [so the owner told me]. it was a v-twin, 1000cc, velocette vulcan sidecar outfit. at last, after all these years, i've seen it, in the flesh.
sorry bout that, just had to tell somebody :-]
ade!
10-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: at last, the vulcan in the flesh!
Wish I'd seen that...bet you never took a pic. How was the Festival of Sidecars...go on make me jealous..
10-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: at last, the vulcan in the flesh!
i took a piccy with my phone, as camera was at home [pillock!]. day was good. weather was mostly sunny. best race of the day was the f2 final, very close. seventy six f2 outfits entered, there had to be three heats, but all of them were given a race as there was an a, b, and c final. the big 'un was a forgone conclusion as the world champs reeves bros were in it. it was just a question of who was going to be second [laidlow]. the winners lapped all but the first seven and that was just after 15 laps! steve abbott had the old 2 stroke grand prix 500 going. his lad liam was also racing a f2 outfit. unfortunately he pranged it slightly out of shape on the first lap, so never got to see him.
ade!
10-10-2005, 06:03 PM