John Reynolds Announces Retirement
Anonymous
Unregistered

John Reynolds Announces Retirement
JR has announced that he is retiring from racing.

Click on the link below to read his announcement.

I am sure that you will all join me in wishing John all the very best for the future and also for providing us with some fantastic racing performances over the years.

Malcolm.

Click Here
11-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: John Reynolds Announces Retirement
We would like to wish John a happy and active retirement. He has been a wonderful rider/ambassador for the sport and will be missed.

Let's hope he will still get involved in a managerial role.

He was of great help with his advice to one of my guys (Ben) who raced a GSX-R 750 a few years back.

Thanks John, best to retire now after your tumble. Best wishes for the future......
11-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

John is, as Paul Denning says "a truly exceptional person". Thanks for all the years of pleasure watching you, and I hope you go on to do great things in your next chosen career.
11-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

After the weekends crash we thought this might be in the offing.
Good luck to JR for the future and thanks for the memories.
11-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

11-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes i too want to wish John all the very best in his recovery from his recent accident and especially best wishes for the future.

Many of us have special favourites in the racing world and although John was not especially one of mine i so respect him for the racer that he has been and the true champion he became in overcoming his crash at the start of the year.

Truly hope that he will stay involved in the superbike paddock, passing on his experience and knowledge to the next generation.
11-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am in no doubt JR would have been challenging for the 2006 BSB Title such is the level of skill and experience.

Must be a tough call to make while you are still at the top, but as he has said, for all the right reasons.

Good Luck for the future John, it has been a privilage to watch 'The Master' at work.
12-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

With this being TTwebsite, I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that John Reynolds competed in the 1989 TT. In both 1989 and 1990, an excellent TT review book was published, and there is a particularly good chapter in the 1989 book following his progress throughout the fortnight in great detail. However he went down somewhat in my estimation a few years ago when he came up with some lurid quotes about his memories of his exploits at that year's TT. These didn't exactly tally with his thoughts at the time, as recorded in the book!
13-10-2005, 09:06 PM