Commentators
Anonymous
Unregistered

Commentators
Just been trying to watch the 250MotoGp, and first turned off the sound, then gave up in disgust. The commentators are so arrogant, ignorant and disrespectful. When Boldolini fell off they dismissed him as "one of the inis fell off"...obviously beneath their notice. They then began a conversation about the lurid reports in Spanish newspapers, fuelling disagreements between Spanish riders, clearly unaware of the irony of their own tabloid style of commentating.
When James Whitham commentates, he interjects some daft stories and little bits of humour, but he also demonstrates deep knowledge of the riders, the circuits, and, of course the technical aspects of the riding and the machinery. These guys simply demostrate their own ignorance.
16-10-2005, 08:30 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Commentators
Went back and watched some of the MotoGP with the wonderful Randy Mamola...what a difference. Thank you, Randy.
16-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree,Helen.Too many of these commentators make nothing of crashes and dangerous riding nowadays and are so disrespectful to the slower riders,who,let's face it,are trying their best on often inferior machinery.
Most of the lads will probably disagree with me,but the one I find totally offensive is Jack Burnicle.Most ladies of the paddock deserve recognition,especially riders' wives and girlfriends,but he is obsessed with talking about "luvly,leggy,blondes", etc., etc. We girls watch too,and we don't need to hear stupid comments about guys bums etc.Suzy Perry never makes offensive comments.
My own personal favourite commentators are Eurosport's Ben Edwards and Mark Cole,especially when they cover the Dakar rally.Several women compete in that,at the highest level,and all we hear are knowledgeable remarks about their performances and backgrounds.
I wait to be shot down in flames!!

16-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

16-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very sensible Cargo.The more channels they introduce,the more the rubbish is spread around
16-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Apparently we have different commentators to you. I watch Fox, cannot remember their names but I haven't found them at all offensive. (They are English, I think). Maybe Don knows who they are?
16-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think they all dub their own commentators on. It's an Italian company that does the filming, Pften the camera follows someone when the real action is elsewhere, and the commentators start shouting about it!
16-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry Jan, I don't have the money for Fox or Rabbit or anything like that.
I just watched the local Channel 10.
Daryl Beattie does a pretty good job because he has actually ridden a racing bike.
I don't know what Hilary is on about; I didn't see any tall leggy, blonde riders with big bottoms??
The Chinese F1 was on after the bikes and I turned it off after a couple of laps.
I thought I was watching one of my son's computer games. It was almost clinical.

17-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am going to disagree here, I think? Not sure if we are talking about the same people.
As far as I am concerned, Toby and Julian are superb. They are knowledgeable, truly biker minded and totally repsctful of all riders. Randy adds something very special and seems to get more miscievous every GP! His idea of ridingf again, although tongue in cheek, cuased alot of fun.

On the superbikes, Jamie Whitham is priceless. BUT Barney Kell or whatever his name is is appaling, truly appaling! I wonder , sometimes, how Jim keeps his patience with him. Probably the worseelemnet in all tghis (in my opinion) is the studio team. Whats she called? Mary Ann Trollop? A second rate radio 12 DJ for crying out loud. With her sluvenly speach and her "wow, great" approcha. She leaves me cold!! The guy from the mags isnt much better.
Mayve I am getting old?
Nah. Give me Toby and Julian any time.

Mike
MV
17-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with you in most parts Mike.Julian and Toby are extremely knowledgeable,maybe they just pass comment to quickly sometimes!Jamie,well,he's just Jamie,great entertainment.Niall NcKenzie used to be hopeless,but has obviously much improved and his first hand input is great.
That Mary Anne Hobbs, well,words fail me,ugh.
It's just that Jack Burnicle(Barnacle more like).Totally puts me off watching,well listening.Poor Jamie!
As for you Don,have you had your eyes tested lately? They usually wear RED too,lol.
What do the rest of you think? Quite an interesting subject,this is.
17-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fox in Australia has Kevin Mcgee together with David Murdoch as the local hosts, then they switch to the English men for the commentary. I shall make sure I note their names next weekend. I find them really good. Must say, there is one chap, could be WSBK or BSB whose is most irritating.
17-10-2005, 10:18 PM