19-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: What next for Guy Martin
19-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a lot of instances were a rider has entered 2 meetings at once? take Ryan he was supposed to be at Scarborough and Balybunion i dont think Hillaby was amused.
20-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

20-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quite often the explanation is that the club thought/hoped/wished someone was coming, in spite of no entry having been made, and they put them down in the programme.
20-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for that Harvey i thought i was on my own on that one but its as you say misleading to the fans?
20-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

If that happens, Helen, and the club puts a name in the Programme/advance publicity without being in receipt of a valid entry, then surely they are in breach of the GCR.

Do you ever remember a Club being hauled before a Disciplinary for such an offence?

Now if a rider puts in a double entry as described, on the other hand, he/she is due for a hanging.

Nothing changes . . . . . . . . .
20-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aye, and the Harvey T's of this world waste no time in taking their knitting to the guillotine as the tumbril rolls . . . . . . .

lol
20-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

20-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quite right, Larry, its in the ACU handbook, in the National Sporting code under " Irregular entries" but it doesnt state any specific punishment for it just that its a "breach of the code", which is punishable by:-
1. The Clerk of the Course/Stewards of the meeting. or

2.An ACU Centre Court. or

3. An ACU National Court.

who will probably make the rules up as they go along. LOL

However, should he have forgotten to send the cheque for the entry fee, then, strictly speaking,his entry wouldnt be valid anyway !!!!

LOL
20-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought the ban was supposed to be from the protest about the engine being oversized. As they did not let anybody check it.
20-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joe, if you go back to the first post on this topic I think you'll get the idea what happend.........I think.
20-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought refusing a inspection of the engine due to a protest to be more of a problem than just entering 2 meetings on the same day. In the Classic Racer it says the outcome of all this looks likely for a 6 month ban. So it does not really cleary point out which offence will trigger the ban, if any.
20-10-2005, 11:48 PM