Anonymous
Unregistered

IOMSP SOLD for £230m
20-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: IOMSP NEW NAME ?
We are now looking for:-

lighthearted "suggestions" for a new name for the IOMSPC, being now owned by AUSTRALIANS !!

Clean suggestions please !!!!!
20-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

A rubbish ATTENUATES AS MILK

Australian Steam Packet

20-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about the "Customer focused, price friendly and service reliable IOM Steam Packet Company" - you have to agree its different.
20-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

what i want to know is, are they going to give a XXXX about their passengers at t.t. and manx time?
ade!
21-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't think so Ade as they have just handed back their liqor licences and now they cannot serve any alcohol unless they are in international waters.
21-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steam Packet
Received this message from a mate:
Re: Steam Packet now a racket
For the first time ever, the IOM ferries made it in our daily news downunder today. I nearly choked when I read that the Oz-based Maquarie
Bank has bought the line. That is a pity as this bank's track record on essential services is to make then very expensive essential services.
Good luck.
21-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Steam Packet Statement
The Managing Director of the Steam Packet has sent a letter of re-assurance to customers after the takeover this week by Macquarie.

Hamish Ross describes the Australian Bank as " a responsible, committed, long term investor with a track record in successfully managing essential service infrastructure businesses".

Mr Ross says the ferry firm " fully understands and appreciates the importance of their services to the Island and its people"

He goes on to say there will be little change evident in the way " we do business with you".
And once again Mr Ross underlines that the name will be kept.

21-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wot, an Australian owned company with a restricted liquor licence! Seriously though, I think this is a very strange purchase for the Macquarie Bank.
21-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Steam Packet Statement
If its anything like a big American Bank based in Chester my advice is exersise caution.
22-10-2005, 07:24 PM