Commentators
Anonymous
Unregistered

Commentators
Remember last week we discussed MotoGP commentators and I could not recall the ones I have the pleasure of listening to on Fox Australia. Nick Harris and Matthew Roberts are their names. Fantastic, especially Nick who does the pit lane interviews. What did you all think about the new Turkish track. Very wide, wasn't it.
23-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Commentators
I noticed myself how wide it was, one assumes there must be a reason, albeit there can only be one racing line - no matter how wide any track or circuit is.

Anyone know why? it was so wide..
23-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wasn't that 125 something else? What madness to be reducing the classes in road racing, when the evidence is that wee bikes make better racers.
23-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Loved the circuit ! great to watch.

Presume the width is for cars as well as safety issues ? plenty of room for anyone that went off on any excurtions !

The racing was great especially the 125 race as you say Helen.Some of those lines were unreal !!!

Well done to Marco Melandri on his first win and a big shout also for the rookie racer Toni Elias, finnishing 6th after taking a detour also during the race....good stuff indeed.

Oh and i`m sure that Nick Harris does or did commentry for Radio Five Live motorsport here in GB and yes he is good !

cheers,
Stella
23-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, Stella, Nick Harris is first class.......so are those 125's!!
24-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nick Harris is from the era when commentators had to commentate, not just dribble on about the sky, the grass and the cloud formations...

Can you remember Chris Carter as well.??
Peter Kneale, Fred Clarke, and similar.
One of the best was Peter Arnold.......

The came from the sound radio days so, when on tele, gave a constant update as though they were still on radio..

you got your pennyworth in those days !!!
24-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What about Graham Walker and Murray?
24-10-2005, 09:51 AM