The Hydro Hotel Queens Prom
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12
The Hydro Hotel Queens Prom
I don't know if anyone on this site ever stayed at the Hydro on the front at the bottom of Little Switzerland.

I first stayed there with three other lowlifes when I was eighteen. The owners then were Hilary and Nancy Guard, I always stayed there even for the S100 until after they retired in the late 70s.

Today I received a letter from a lady who used to be the government fuel analyst at the T.T. many years ago, both Hilary and Nan shared a joint funeral today. Nan who was 82 pased away after a long illness and Hilary who had devotedly nursed her for years passed on several days later he was 93.

The loss to me personally is devasting, Hilary always kept in touch writing long letters every year in lovely fountain pen script. last phoned him a few months ago, a huge giant of a man who I clearly remember shouting to me in desserted lounge one lovely summers evening during the S100. We stood on the steps watching Summerland burn we could clearly see those poor people inside, he had tears streaming down his face.

Wonderful people who looked after me so well for all those years. I am totally gutted
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
04-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to hear your bad news Tom and welcome.
05-11-2005, 02:20 PM