Dave Saville
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dave Saville
Posted from the Old Board,on behalf of Rosie from the Sulby Glen.

Unfortunaetly I spoke to June Saville today and she has told me Dave is in Hospital with a lung infection. After such a wonderful time recently with friends going to see him and take him out to the pub, it has come as a great shock tofind him so ill. I had hoped to to able to get him over to the Island this last Manx Grand Prix but lack of carers provented this happening, we had planned if the winter was not bad he could make it over in Feb/March agin at present we can only hope. Things are not very good for him at the moment, he is too ill to be moved to Southport although they are aware of his condition and are keeping in touch with his home hospital. I don't know if anyone out there wants to keep in touch with June but she will not be available over the weekend ( till Tuesday) as soon as I hear from her again I will post a message on the board.
A big thank you to all those who promised me during T.T. and the Manx and kept their word, that they would go and visit him after they returned home.It has really made a big difference to him.

Rosie.

sulbyglenhotel@manx.net
23-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I am so sorry to hear this. When Dave came here to the Jock Taylor meeting at Knockhill a couple of years ago, there were so many of his fans, former rivals and good friends who were delighted to see him.
We would like to have him back, but this year, as Rosie said, arrangements were not possible.
He has had a tough time, but my favourite vision of him is telling a tale or two with a few brandies in.
Best wishes to June, the kids and Dave. Keep winning, Dave.
23-11-2005, 10:21 AM
GarryD Offline

Threads: 17

I spoke briefly with June earlier today to enquire as to Dave's condition. He is currently still in the intensive care unit in hospital, and his condition is pretty much the same as earlier in the week. In that he still has the infection on his lung, I mentioned to June that everyone on these forums are passing on there best wishes for Dave. I will be keeping in touch with June and will post any further news as and when I hear anything.
23-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Update on Dave
Posted on behalf of Rosie at the Sulby Glen

Dave is improving, his lungs still have a bit of a problem but he is here with us. His new ventilators, which he has been waiting ages for are on their way to Southport. So as soon as he can travel he will be going there for his check up, they wanted him in a few weeks ago but the ventilators hadn't come. The new vents will be set up, he will have his MOT and then back home for Xmas. Somehow there is always something going off around Xmas with him, there has only been one Xmas with no problems since he came home, but that's Dave for you.

So it is better news. Our best wishes to you all and looks like it will be the New Year before I can come over again.

Bye for now.

June
25-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

That's great news, and I hope Dave and June have a peaceful and enjoyable Christmas this time.
25-11-2005, 01:03 PM