British ACU and safety
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
British ACU and safety
Shaun Harris

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:49 am Post subject: British ACU and safety.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in communication with the ACU last week regarding the course license, i had asked if doing races on the weekend just gone would qualify me, they were going to contact me mid last week, NEVER HAPPENED

The british ACU is a joke, Jim Parker, Eddie Nelsen, are a complete waste of time and should be forced to quit there roles in the Rugby office as they are obviously very incompetent buisness people.

I even challenged them about there safety front, I suggested the following

I would come over and not race

I would go to all riders and get there opinion on what we can do to make the racing safer

I would get together with the flag marshalls and scruitineers and find out there opinions on what to do to improve safety

And still they do not reply, what the hell is wrong with those people?

They do not care, they do not administer our sport with the sporting code of ethics

Posted: 03/04/2006 01:51:01 | IP: Recorded
03-04-2006, 02:50 AM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Post it in a brown envelope
03-04-2006, 07:23 AM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

I for one find this situation to be beyond belief!
Is there something more to Bruces situation than we know?
I doubt that very much.
Even if there was, not reply is ignorant, to say the least!
Sorry you have been treated like this Bruce.

MV
03-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

bruce????????????????????????????????
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
03-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10

My view is they believe the event is bigger than any rider, or a few riders - even top ones. You only have to read how they are bigging up the TT now, and how the entry list is being swelled by offering free entries. They know that most spectators don't give two hoots over who rides and who doesn't as long as they can come over and spend a week drinking and partying with a few motorbikes thrown in. At the end we wil be told what a great week it was, no mention of anyone being unhappy or unjustly excluded, while they count their takings.

As long as the TT remains a cash cow the ACU will continue to back it (as long as it doesn't interefere with their monopoly of short circuit racing) and the likes of us poor mortals (especially Manx GP mortals) will get kicked from pillar to post and tolerated as long as we can be milked.
03-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Bruce?
I've not been well!!
Or was it a Freudian slip.
Was my brain thinking elsewhere!

Sorry SHAUN, mate.
No offense!!!!

MV
04-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Website Find Reply
TT TECH Offline

Threads: 5

They know that most spectators don't give two hoots over who rides

me and my friends do! and have spent thousands following famous and local club riders, (sorry holiday racers) on the island and because of the way they master the circuit, it is like nothing else, Why do so many people get up with stinking hangovers to watch morning practice if they were just there on the 'pee'?

I think you underestimate alot of spectators with that statement. I wont be going back to the TT if ever because I dont like the current format, a great event has been padded out with rubbish bikes and the talent for racing the circuit is in a decline. There is nothing better for a supporter than willing a local hero on, especially when you know you couldent do it yourself.

Who wants to watch masses of near silent bikes that are all the same, in eliminating such a variety of classes as the 400's and 2 strokes etc. I cant support my friend from down the road anymore, or the bloke from the next county we have come to know.

As far as I am concerned the TT is on the back burner and the gas is going out!!
Clubmen Suport Themselves
04-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Find Reply