Threads: 16
Spanish rider who won the TT or Manx
Let the dug see the rabbit.
04-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Website Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
Re: Spanish rider who won the TT or Manx
Juan lived in Ballaugh at the time and although I don't know where he originated from, he certainly wasn't Spanish. As far as I remember he was the only person to ever win a race around the Mountain Circuit where there were no other finishers other than himself!

Paul
04-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Thats exactly right Paul.

Juan was also the slowest all practice for that newcommers race and was running last or third in the race which ever way you like to put it. Both of the other guys in the race had problems and DNF. Thus proving that old saying that "to finish first first you have to finish"

Well done that man Big Grin

I don't think Juan ever did another Manx :cry:
04-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Tel Offline

Threads: 6

Juan use to run the snap on tools in the IOM and emigrated to New Zealand about 4 years ago, he was at the TT I think it was last year.
04-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Find Reply
tobes Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1

Juan won the 1998 Newcomers B at 83.81mph.

He didnt do another race. From memory, I think he rode one of Roger Owens 250 Yamahas in the Swift Skips colours.

T
04-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Find Reply
Harvey T Offline

Threads: 16

Cheers guys, thanks for the info.
Let the dug see the rabbit.
04-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

No real connection to this post but it reminds me about quite a few years ago when we were at a big meeting at Knockhill and i recognised Juan Kinnish...

Well it was well after the racing had finnished.. and to be honest i had had a few glass`s of wine....as you do.

I`m actually quite a shy person if i don`t know someone but thought i would pluck up the courage to say hello ?

"Juan, Juan" i shouted as in Don Juan i suppose ..... :oops:

Well bless him he was really nice, and said hello but also explained to me that its pronounced Joooan...... not juan as in don juan.

Still makes me giggle when i see the expression he had on his face at the time...poor lad

cheers,
Stella
04-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Find Reply