Isn't it a pity
thewitch
Unregistered

Isn't it a pity
Yes, isn't it a pity the ACU can't thank all the excellent marshalls, from experienced sector marshalls to lowly beginners, who have dealt with minor and major accidents so faultlessly throughout the nearly 100 years of the TT, and the 80 odd years of the Manx? How many lives have been saved, injuries lessened, and situations avoided over that time by countless, mostly nameless marshalls?
How about commenting on the hundreds of thousands of accident free practice and races involving many unknown, "holiday" racers, which have given not only the riders themselves, but all of us (but perhaps not officials?) a huge amount of pleasure over those years.
Thank you too, to the legions of teamakers, doctors, cleaners, helpers, mechanics, first aid people, police, photographers, film-makers, commentators and even the odd good Journo ( RIP Norrie), who must have appreciated the races or they would not have done it all.
But no...occasionally...very, very, very occasionally, someone does the wrong thing...certainly not with any bad intention, and we have a disaster. we are all heartbroken...some far more than other, of course, but those who are no longer with us would say..."Don't stop because of me".
Only a few...a very, very, very, few say "This is not good enough...someone must be blamed. This TT racing is a bad thing and must be curbed"
Who are they??
Well, personally, I want to record my thanks to all the above, far too many to mention, who have given me enormous pleasure....great highs of joy, and terrible lows of grief...sometimes the same person on the same day (RIP Peter J)
Long live the TT...we will all die one day, and I would rather go with glory than fizzle out from apathy.
07-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

07-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

I totally agree with your sentiments Helen. Never a word, except of criticism and now from the Independent AGAIN!!

Big Norrie...... He would have dragged some of the current crop out of the press centre and hosed them down in the paddock.... Without spilling anything from the glass in his other hand !

Hilary what was the quote ? Oh! yes "A softy like me" LOL
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
07-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Website Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Well,sometimes,Charlie,but not where the ACU are concerned.Ask Gail,lol :wink:
08-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

Helen, lets face reality, the ACU are just a pointless irrelevance and serve no useful purpose in comparison with the marshalls.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
08-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

as hopelessly outdated as their title suggests?
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
08-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Find Reply
Harry Offline

Threads: 25
Well said, Helen!
What would the TT and for that matter the vast majority of bike competitions - road racing, short circuits, trials, scrambles, motocross, speedway, etc around the world be without the armies of volunteers?

We can't thank them enough.
They are motivated only by love of the sport and their enthusiasm. They need to be appreciated, not treated as scape-goat or pawns in some larger chess game.

Thanks to everyone who makes our sports possible around the world!
10-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Find Reply