Klaus Klaffenboch / TT Sidecar In General
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27
Klaus Klaffenboch / TT Sidecar In General
Hi all , i had the great pleasure of meeting Klaus Klaffenboch last night at the Claremont Hotel with the Hailwood Foundation . What a pleasant easy going guy & a real plus to have involved in the TT races .
He is a true proffessional & has took his time learning the circuit & doing it the correct way . He was telling me how he had gone last year & on the second lap of the second race he felt like it was time for a bit more power , the first time he felt like he could go quicker , unfortunately he broke down that lap .
Also he has the great Louis Christian Racing LCR , making him a F2 chassis specifically for the TT . this could be good as well to have a name like LCR involved here .
He is a true enthusiast & with his contacts within world superbike who knows where this could lead .
Also hear that Tom Hanks & Andy Laidlow are returning this year which is great news . On the downside current world champion Tim Reeves intended to compete this year at the TT however one of his major backers threatened to withdraw his sponsorship if he competed here which has scuppered that , unless we can raise the amount of sponsorship here .
Moly & Dave Hallam back together as well , all shaping for a good sidecar TT .
On a personal note also hear Bill Davie one of our friends in Aberdeen way is returning to rqacing again , Bill had some good results at the Southern 100 with Neil Millar in the chair , as well as one or two good TT finishes .
Cheers Shaun
13-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Find Reply
Ben Oates Offline

Threads: 2

Talking to a few members of the Southern 100 club last night, Klaus has expressed a very keen interest in competing at the Sothern this year!
14-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Wow, that would be something. I'm just delighted Andy is back. He spoke to me while I was marshalling in 2004, at the bottom of Bray, and he said he couldn't do that again (watching) but would be back. Brilliant.
14-01-2006, 07:30 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

Of course, Bill Davie's brother, Rab does well at the Manx. A worthy first winner of the Norrie Whyte Trophy...Rab knows what I mean!!
14-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

Klaffi definately wants to do the Southern - Finnegan keeps calling him a p*ssy for not doing it! He's some man is Klaus - the hardest partying Monarch of the Glen! And TT through and through.

Paul
15-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Find Reply
tripod Offline

Threads: 0

has Klaffi qualified for his TT licence
17-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

He will have done by the cut off date.

Paul