No TT Entry fees
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40
No TT Entry fees
No entry fees for any races for TT 2006

I think we can safely say that the TT Organisers, have by one single action, corrected much of the damage done by the ACU over the licence fiasco. A magnificent gesture to all competitors and one which will be appreciated greatly by all of competitors.

But most of all by the "holiday racers" who have to pay their own way !
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
31-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Great news, isn't it?
31-01-2006, 10:27 PM
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

It's not an April fool surely....................
01-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Website Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

It's on the "Home Page" TT2006 Regs'
01-02-2006, 01:15 AM
Website Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

So why are the ACU getting let off the hook on the bogus licence issue?
Don't let these people walk all over the competitors.
The reasons for the TT licence are fatuous nonsense but once they have committed themselves no force in creation will allow them to admit their mistake.
In all my time in business this would have to be the most vacuous, smug, and unconsciously foolish performance I have ever experienced.
How can they continue to get away with it?
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
01-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

01-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

It's still good news Paul, congratulations to everyone involved.
01-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Website Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Thanks Paul, everyone appreciates the work and enthusiasm you put into road racing, but I am sure it will be disappointing to many that you appear to condone the TT Course Licence.
If I read your posting incorrectly please correct me.
01-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Don

The TT Course Licence is there, and I have done everything in my power to make this workable for the TT riders - the people I provide a service to. I don't really see this being a problem for many TT riders now, although some may be unhappy with regards to the fee, but that is something people have to take up with the ACU directly. I can't do any more on that front I'm afriad.

My own personal opinion is that this licence will have a much bigger impact on the Manx Grand Prix.

Paul
01-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Paul,
I'm sure I've read somewhere written by youself that there will be some more news (good) in regard to the new licence as it affects MGP competiters.

Would you care to enlighten us ?

There are still some major issues with regard to this new licence that need to be resolved as an example I will name one.

There is NO requirement to have a medical to obatin an ACU national licence however there is now a requirement to have a medical to get the new TT course licence.

MCUI licence holders are required to have a medical to obtain a MCUI licence so therefore are considered fit to race.
Will the ACU accept a MCUI licence as proof of having had a medical?

And do NOT tell me to ask this question of the ACU they continue to ignore all attempts at contact.
01-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Paul Phillips Offline

Cargo

What I was talking about then, was that riders who had ridden the 2005 Newcomers on a national licence but who hadn't had that national licence for twelve months by the end of the qualifying period would be allowed to enter. I believe this to be the case, but you would need to check with the MMCC, because I am not 100% certain.

As for the medical - Cargo, wether you like it or not, I can only tell you to contact the ACU or the MMCC because I don't know and it has nothing to do with me. You have to have a medical for an international licence anyway so it has not been something I have had to deal with so far for any TT riders.

Paul
01-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
01-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

01-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Your response is noted with interest, please answer me one question.

You say you are the TT rider liason officer, please advise with which official bodies do you liase on behalf of all TT riders, then we may all have a clearer picture.
01-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Here you go Tom - our role is as follows -

"Responsible for liasing with teams and riders on behalf of the DTL, liasing with the entry committee, recruiting new riders to the event and promoting the event at various other road racing meetings during the season."

As it says in the job title we are liaison officers not rule makers. As for any dealings we have had with the ACU - they are probably outside of our remit, but personally we have done and will continue to do everything we can to improve the TT where possible. With such wonderful support from people like you Tom, it makes it all feel worth it!

Paul
01-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

"Nothing more completely baffles one who is full of trick and duplicity than straigthforward and simple integrity in another. A knave would rather quarrel with a brother knave than with a fool, but he would rather avoid a quarrel with one honest man than with both. He can combat a fool by management and address, and he can conquer a knave by temptations. But the honest man is neither to be bamboozled nor bribed."
C. C. Colton
02-02-2006, 01:21 AM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

02-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

02-02-2006, 08:19 PM
charlie hulse Offline

Tom, Sorry mate but your attack on Paul Phillips is without foundation and cannot be justified. Paul is employed by the IOM Department of Tourism and Leisure working with the Special Events unit.(I'm sure Paul will correct me if I am wrong) I believe he gave up a far better paid job to take it. Because he believes passionately in what he's doing.

For the last six months he and Milky have been working flat out to persuade, cajole, bribe, bully, threaten (joke) riders into signing up for TT 2006; while, in the background, I know there have been people working just as hard to stop the TT and MGP ever running again.

Paul has no influence over the ACU. The MMCC are the ones who were party to the licence deal. David Cretney and the rest of the DoTL were totally in the dark and left to pick up the pieces when it was announced.

If the ACU won't talk or reply to letters from members and representative bodies within the ACU, what makes you think that un-representative body (DoTL) would fare any better.

The MMCC agreed to the licence proposals at a meeting in Rugby. The argument should be with those who were party to that agreement. Certainly not the Tourist Board and the very people who have had to work round this issue.

And don't think I agree with what has been done, have a look at the ACU message board and see who proposed taking this to a solicitor in the first place.
02-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Website Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

02-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Find Reply