Dave Saville Update
GarryD Offline

Threads: 17
Dave Saville Update
Just to bring everyone upto date on Dave, I've had had email from his wife June. At the present moment Dave is stable but not 100% and still in sheffield hospital. If anyone wants to post any get well messages I'll make sure that he gets them, I'm sure it will give him a boost at this difficult time. After all he is a TT legend
Motor cycling, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports. All the rest are childrens games played by adults.
05-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

Get well soon Dave Big Grin

I have still got all the old TT Video's with you and Nick on the 350 Sabre showing the 600's a clean set of heals, considering the 350's had all but had their day at the TT, what you were doing was truely amazing :shock:

I hope Rosie did not make you too miserable when she popped over :wink: I'll look forward to seeing you in the Sulby when you are well enough to come over again.

God Bless.

Fitz.
05-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Still got my black Dave Saville T-shirt...the white one eventually fell to bits...I used to always wear it under my leathers.
See you at Knockhill for the Jock Taylor in October. Get well quick.
05-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

Hi Dave,
Sorry to hear you're under the weather at the moment, but I too have that video footage that Fitz is going on about - amazing stuff. The chairs are sadly missed on the roads here in Ireland. Watched many a great battle in years gone by. So find the strength to get well and pop over to see some great 'between the Hedges' stuff soon!
As Garry said ' Legend' - 100% true :wink:
Noddy - Two Stroke Racing S.C.
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
06-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Find Reply
GarryD Offline

Just another update on Dave, he's had a scan yesterday and the Drs think everything is ok. As June has pointed out its one thing a time and its likely he will be in hospital until next week. June will be keeping me posted on Dave's progress and I in turn will keep you all informed. thanks for the messages.
Motor cycling, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports. All the rest are childrens games played by adults.
08-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Oh, that's good news. Give them both my love
08-02-2006, 12:46 PM
GarryD Offline

Dave is feeling much better now and should be back home soon, or over to Southport for his long awaited Mot.
16-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Update - 2nd March 2006
This is posted on behalf of Rosie from The Sulby Glen

I have had an e-mail from June yesterday to say the next two days are crucial for Dave. He has a chest infection and they fear it could turn to pneumonia. The family have been asked to come in to see him. I only hope he can find the strength to over come this setback.

He has had a very bad time of it lately and is mentally and physically exhausted . Dave has fought everything that has been thrown at him with out complaint he has never lost his love for bikes, he is always the first to set congratulations to winners espicially for sidecars. I often feel he is a very unsung hero.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

Rosie
02-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Website Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

I really hope Dave gets though this...Get well again soon mate! Big Grin
02-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

I guess several of us are praying that things go well for Dave.
What a rough time he has had is having.
Thughts of the man reminded me of his wonderfully controlled aggresive style. Especially around Scarborough. I for one miss that, and am so grateful for the pleasure he gave me as a racer.
Now, get well soon Dave.

MV
03-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Website Find Reply
GarryD Offline

Mike, I can only echo your sentiments, I'm sure everyone who knows Dave is doing the same. I had some good races at Scarborough against Dave on the sidecars, and he was there to pass on advice to me when I switched to sidecars. One thing for sure Dave's a fighter if I hear anything I'll post up.

garry
03-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Find Reply