help !!!!!!!!!
cargo
Unregistered

help !!!!!!!!!
I've just got my sons a rather ancient computer it's Wndows 95 and very slow at 133Mhz.

Finding games that will run on this machine is proving difficult so................................anyone got any old games on disc that will run on it ??

I'd be very gratfull
17-02-2006, 03:13 PM
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

try this site cargo, hundreds of free win95 games to download:

http://www.mega-soft.com/games/

ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
17-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

If only it was free $24 membership required
17-02-2006, 08:50 PM
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

do a google search cargo, there were quite a few on as well as that.
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
18-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Find Reply
Jack Offline

Threads: 0

What sort of games are you looking for, things like Half Life or simple PC games like Minesweeper :?:
Ride safe Ride free

Jack
18-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Any games at all just so long as a 5 year old can play. Educational stuff would be good too

I've managed to get a couple of old abandonware games including one called skifree which he really wanted
18-02-2006, 05:47 PM
127donut Offline
Just Getting Started

if his PC is hooked up to the internet try websites like cbeebies or cartoonnetwork for simple on-line games. my 5-yr-old's PC is running Windows95 and he spends hours playing these games. some of them run a bit slow, but thats no bad thing if he's still learning to use the mouse/keyboard - and watch out, soem of them can be quite addictive.

if he's not on the internet, then beg/borrow anything from friends - eveyone has got old games lying around at home. as a rule of thumb, anything which comes on floppydisks instead of a cd should run just fine. my boy likes the old arcade games like space invaders, as well as the educational kids games, or even the really old 'brickout' or 'pong' games - I downladed some from the net for my daughter several years ago and copied them onto her PC - can't remember the site name though.

get him a joystick and an old copy of microsoft flight simulator, give him 1/2 hour of 'flying' tuition and take bets on how long it is before he discovers that crashing into tall buildings is great fun....took my lad about 2 hours!
20-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Find Reply
Jack Offline

Re: help !!!!!!!!!
cargo Wrote:.........................anyone got any old games on disc that will run on it ??

Well now I can answer this after managing to access an old PCs hard drives (blown PSU but thats another matter Sad ), simply the answer is yes Smile

I have 2.38 Mb of stuff that may be ideal, nothing too heavy but a couple of them do become adictive Wink

Being as floppys don't travel too well I can drop them onto a CD with simple instructions what to do Smile
Ride safe Ride free

Jack
23-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Find Reply
tobes Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1

Cargo..

Try getting your hands on an emulator. You will be able to get your hands on 1000's of Arcade classics and it doesnt require much cpu.

T

ps MAME32 is a good un
24-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

thanks for all the info guys
I've got my hands on a few games now
but the computer refuses to read anything from a CD
Maybe thats why it was a freebe :cry:
24-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Mantis Offline