Classic Racer magazine
thewitch
Unregistered

Classic Racer magazine
Just got mine from Magazine Man, and it has an excellent article by Michelle Duff on riding for Yamaha.
Sadly, she's not coming to the TT this year, as she's retired now and a bit skint like all of us.
On page 14, there is an excellent letter from Mick Moreton on the TT licence.
Must stop now or you'll think I'm Mal Wheeler's PR person!
18-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Helen being a bit vintage myself i reckon its one of the best reads also OBM from the same publisher and The Classic Motorcycle.
18-02-2006, 05:10 PM
cargo
Unregistered

I know Mick well I can just imagine what he had to say.
Any chance of someone reproducing his letter on here
18-02-2006, 05:49 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

Buy your own you mean begger :!: :!:

Big Grin

It is a cracking letter, and no more that I would expect from Mick.

Don't like him really - he will insist on being quicker than me round Billown - even on his 350 :!:

:oops:
18-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

larryd Wrote:Buy your own you mean begger :!: :!:

Big Grin

It is a cracking letter, and no more that I would expect from Mick.

Don't like him really - he will insist on being quicker than me round Billown - even on his 350 :!:

:oops:

Nothing new there then Larry

I'm mean and slow your just slow :wink: Big Grin
18-02-2006, 10:35 PM
larryd Offline

Fif-teen ALL!

8)
18-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

........... : and you're both very funny! Lol
Don't suppose anyone knows if Mick Moreton has an email address? :wink:
19-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its a very good letter, Cargo, unfortunately I think you would infringe the copyright by reproducing it here , lets just say it includes most of the points that have been made before about this licence and sums up by saying that it will make not one iota of difference to safety, and that the riders already accept the risks that they take anyway. Personally, I'm quite surprised that there hasnt been more in Classic Racer about this ACU con as, lets face it, its going to affect the Classic lads more than anyone else, I would imagine, as quite a lot of them are what Chairman Parker derisorily terms "Holiday Racers", but then, lets not forget that Chairman Parker, as far as Im aware in the 37 years that Ive been racing, and the vast majority of the ACU Road Race, Drag and Sprint Committee have never cocked a leg over a racing bike in the Isle of Man in their lives and would probably s**t themselves if they did so. By the way, in a past edition of Classic Racer it actually says who D ????? Carter is, the man on the ACU Road Race, Drag and Sprint Committee that I'd never heard of before, hes actually Dennis Carter who is, wait for it, Chief Executive of BARC ( British AUTOMOBILE Racing Club) who now own Mallory Park, Thruxton and Pembrey short circuits. So, what the f**k is a car racing bloke doing on a MOTORCYCLE racing committee, well hes actually been appointed to this committee by AMRCO (the Association of Motor Racing Circuit Owners)so thats another one on this committee with a vested interest in short circuits. Evil Evil Evil
19-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

It is so patently obvious why they want the riders to do all those short circuit meetings for the 'Licence within a Licence'.

Some of Cicero's words for Mr Parker and Co.

"The avarice of the old: it's absurd to increase one's luggage as one nears the journey's end."

Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
19-02-2006, 02:47 AM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

Even the fleas under my armpits know it's just a ripoff by cockroaches with a big vested interest., who elected this Carter bloke in the first place, in a fair and democratic society the licence holders would know how their employees are appointed. and the ACU should not be run like I covert mafia organisation behind closed doors.

What really pisses me off is that so few who could have had some influence, no matter how big or small on this licence have kept silent when they should have been outraged at the gross injustice and screaming blue murder. no matter who they are the Manx Government, DTL, MMCC, top teams etc, etc. they should be ashamed of their silence and lack of support. Evil prospers while good men stay silent.

Therefore, I make no apologies to anyone I have offended in my postings on these forums, all credit to those licence holders who have had the courage to come out and rightly condemn this licence and the ACUs henious tactics they have my fullest admiration.

People like Don, Harry, myself and many others cannot be intimidated or influenced because we are not licence holders and therefore it was easy for us.

It is never to late for the silent lurkers, they know those of us who have voiced our opinions are right,

All credit to Mike Moreton
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
19-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

archive
If you go on Classsic Racer website you may be able to print the letter but the archive gallery on their site is a must pure nostalgia.
19-02-2006, 02:26 PM
tappo Offline

Threads: 2
acu management
i tell you one thing .its apity we could not get tom loughridge on the acu ,now that would just put the cat among the pigeons.sorry tom i do not know you personally but you do not half make sense and make some cracking reading
19-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

19-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Ths is the man to whom ammo refers.

British Automobile Racing Club Limited

Dennis Carter
Position Chief Executive
Qualifications and e-mail address
MSAInternational A (Car Race) Clerk of the Course
MSA International (Speed Event) Clerk of the Course
MCRCB International (Motorcycle) Clerk of the Course
Chairman of the Association of Motor Cicuit Owners
Chairman of the MSA Motor Sports Council
email dcarter@barc,net

Thruxton Circuit
Andover
Hampshire
SP11 8PN
Tel 01264 882200
Fax 01264 882233

Heres the link

http://www.barc.net/corporate.htm
19-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tom is a top man and is also a great horseman, no not a jockey.
19-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

'n I was only looking for the article on Pete Coogans Ariel Arrow :shock: :shock: :shock: Lol Lol Lol

The article about Dennis Carter is in issue 112 page 9 "Mallory changes hands". Innit amazing what you can find when youre not looking for it :!: :!: :!: Lol Lol Lol .

Another load of "get to know the enemy" facts, eh. Lol Lol Lol
19-02-2006, 08:44 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

Looks like they are out to get Mike Hose now...they'll have Mrs Mike Hose and me, and Mary Winter and Uncle Tom Cobley and all to contend with....
19-02-2006, 09:12 PM
larryd Offline

Jeez Helen - I wouldn't cross Angie . . . . . . . . . .

Nor Mary, come to that :!:

The sensible among us know when to be scared . . . . . . . .

:wink:

Haven't met Uncle Tom C though - it's not Loughridge travelling incognito is it :?:

Lol
19-02-2006, 11:48 PM
Find Reply
Harry Offline

Threads: 25
Thanks for the kind words, Tom
Thanks for the kind words, Tom. But, I think you and Don are the right men for this job. I stick pretty close to home. Not like my young days when I used to run a bit wild, eh? These days it's three squares, a bit of telly and a warm bed. I guess I've been pretty well tamed, but it has it's compensations :wink: .

But, back to the ACU. How much longer are we going to let them get away with treating everyone like serfs? or is it mushrooms?
I posted a request on the ACU's website for information about their elections process etc. That was TWO months ago. Still no response!
Now I'm hopping mad!

:idea: Could we have a meeting of interested parties in the chat room sometime ?
Cheers, Harry
20-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Harry, even the Administrator hasnt logged onto the ACU website since 2nd February. Theyve probably been told by Chairman Parker not to :!: :!:

Never tried the chat room, might be interesting though.
20-02-2006, 09:39 PM