pretty shocking
floozie Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
pretty shocking
I quote directly from an interview with Jim Parker of the ACU, (in Motorcycle News) when asked about the Road Race department :

" The department is running exceptionally well and the Road race committee has been broadened to comprise members of the motorcycle industry and circuits as well as the club members elected by the National Council.

Longer term, I think it would be preferable if all the committee members were appointed rather than elected in order to bring forward the best people. There are problems with democracy in that long time serving members tend to float to the top and they may not be the best people to manage their discipline of the sport"

Do you, as ACU members (licence holders) really want your sport to be run by someone like that...it's YOUR sport, but this means it will be run and ruled entirely by the people who make money from you...the promoters, the manufacturers and people like him. Is that what you want from your governing body, which is supposed to look after the interests of the sport and YOUR interests?
Democracy is dangerous...live dangerously.
08-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

An interesting point would surely be that Mr Parker himself has been "floating " around for rather a long time!
08-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Bouncing and wallowing are the words which come to mind dear witch! :wink:
08-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I don't know who you are Floozie but I think you are quoting an article from Bike Sport News.

Still living dangerously
08-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

Chairman Mao made a ritual of swiming the Yangtze every year, it would be appropriate and uplifting if Chairman Parker could swim the Irish Sea to the TT this year.
I am sure he would receive an appropriate welcome on the Douglas promenade.
There would be no fear of him drowning as he could float to the surface like a Richard the Third, puffed up with self importance and buoyed with his Dickensian puffery.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
08-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Find Reply
floozie Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2

Democracy is dangerous...live dangerously.
08-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Don,if he was washed up on Douglas beach,they would think he was a whale,then they would dissect him to if there was anything there to research that would be worth keeping to ensure the continued running of the TT/MGP.There would be an awful lot of waste blubber! Lol Lol
09-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Find Reply