TT Course license
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
TT Course license
How many if any riders are going to not be allowed a start due to this new license :?:
09-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dont know about the TT Shaun, but the MGP, I would think there'll be about half the Classic grid this year and probably all the grid next year, dont know about the Open classes though. Incidentally Shaun, would you be able to qualify for one next year, dont forget youve got to FINISH in 6 meetings, so youve only got to break down in a few, and even someone as qualified as you, wouldnt get one.
09-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

would you
ammo Wrote:Dont know about the TT Shaun, but the MGP, I would think there'll be about half the Classic grid this year and probably all the grid next year, dont know about the Open classes though. Incidentally Shaun, would you be able to qualify for one next year, dont forget youve got to FINISH in 6 meetings, so youve only got to break down in a few, and even someone as qualified as you, wouldnt get one.

No problem for me ammo Big Grin But surely any rider who has ever raced the course has more safety built in to them than a 25 pound license fee can provide.

But who am I to say :roll:
09-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
Re: would you
Shaun Harris Wrote:surely any rider who has ever raced the course has more safety built in to them than a 25 pound license fee can provide.

Spot on fella, I wish the ACU had the same clarity of vision, but then maybe they have other ends in mind than actually doing this in the name of safety.
09-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Website Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

Don't know Shaun how many will be refused an entry because of not qualifying for a TT curcuit license,but guess several will say 'sod it' and give the whole thing a miss, particularly the MGP classic classes.
The whole thing has brought the license issue into disrepute as you should not get an national or international license if your not up to it and surely ability should be judged through the issue of these.
09-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Re: would you
Tomcat Wrote:
Shaun Harris Wrote:surely any rider who has ever raced the course has more safety built in to them than a 25 pound license fee can provide.

Spot on fella, I wish the ACU had the same clarity of vision, but then maybe they have other ends in mind than actually doing this in the name of safety.

I cannot speak for the British ACU, but I would see this as a very good move if they were going to give it the appropriate lead in time ie 2007 and the money that was being generated by this new license introduction was going to pay for a EX Top rider to be the riders Representitive for the TT and the Manx to intelligently inform the racing commitee how to make the course safer as a race track.

No disrepect to any body currently working with the arrangements for these courses ( Especially the manx as I have never done it So no nothing about it) but apart from our own Two very hard workers out there, who really know's what it is like out there from a riders point of view??

I only hope the ACU has the time and the wisdom to take a step backwards to take a giant leep forward in safety and public relations.

I believe the horse has bolted here a wee bit, and it is very very hard to stop a horse at full speed, but am sure there are some people out there write now running around with there lassoo's :idea:
09-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

:? :? :wink: :wink:
09-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Find Reply
Harry Offline

Threads: 25
TT Licence
A posting elsewhere quotes today's Manx Independent:

"Sidecar veterans Lars Schwartz and Dickie Gale are struggling to attain qualifications for this year's TT as they don't have the necessary points on their licenses...'Lars has ridden 26 and I've done 23... the ACU are suggesting we aren't experienced enough.' says Gale. 'There are no tarmac events in Sweden until May, by which time it will be too late to enter the TT so the only option we have is to tackle a couple of events on ice.'"
10-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Find Reply
floozie Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2

A perfect illustration of the effects of this ridiculous "licence". Of course these guys are "holiday racers" and a menace to society.
An utter disgrace, and I hope they are not just allowed, but encouraged to race.
Lars is a TT hero.
The ACU is not.
Democracy is dangerous...live dangerously.
10-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Do Not Panick
< TT Licence Issue Polls ~ What Should Constitute Minimum Experience

What period of time/number of races in your opinion constitutes Minimum Experience
As Proposed by the ACU
0% [ 0 ]
Number of Races in previous 12 months
21% [ 3 ]
Number of Races in previous 24 months
21% [ 3 ]
Past TT Circuit Experience
57% [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 14

News just in, the Horse has been caught! :roll: Lol 8)
10-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Find Reply