Classic Lads & Lasses stick together
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
Classic Lads & Lasses stick together
I am getting very worried about the future of the classics at the manx. Every thing seems to be against this type of racing. the new licence makes qualifying on a classic harder than a modern bike. The comments by certain people at tha ACU don't fill you with confidence. Don't get me wrong i don't blame the MMCC. But it would be great if we could all get together at the manx, hopefully we get there, to try and see what support we can get from the MMCC to keep our classes going. Because with out the classics the Manx will be in doubt for the modern classes as well as it will be a very small event.
10-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

There is plenty of work going on in the background,believe me.Trust us.The ACU think we will go away Lol Lol Lol Lol
12-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

Now for someone who works for the ACU for persons in the 'sports'
interests, can you believe saying something like classic bikes shouldn't be ridden ? WHY ? Surely someone as old as him allowed to run the sport
same thing isn't ? so remove him, see how that hurts !
13-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Website Find Reply
Elle Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

I've not been following this issue over the winter - been distracted with relocation, training, etc. Suddenly its March and I'm trying to decide what to do this season if anything. What's the actual outcome with regards TT course licences ? Do we need a course licence, where do we get it from, do we need another medical, whats the situation with race meetings, etc ? I'm confused ! Elle
14-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19

Elle, if you have any more joy in getting answers to your very pertinent questions than the many who have been trying since last November, do please let us know. Best of luck!!
14-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Find Reply
Elle Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

Hi David, the problem is, I don't even know what questions to ask...as I say, I've not been keeping up with things. 10 years of University and I still can't follow the thread and its implications.

So who does issue the 'licence' ? And does it apply to MCUI riders - who already get medicals ? Do you need a second medical by the same Doctor? It would only make sense if you were given a medical before you sign on.

As for the Classics - ShipleyManx how are things ? Is Pat keeping ok ? What is the implication for classics, that the riders can't get the meetings in due to the high running costs (tell me about it)?

On that note, if I were to enter the Manx on a 600 - does it mean I have to have 'satisfactory' finishes on a 600 in the last 12 months ? Or just have results on any bike ? And is racing a 8 mile race at a car park relevant, surely it would have to be road race or endurance racing experience.

I have so many questions, but really all I want is some really simple answers so I can work out what I'm doing for 06 season.

p.s scuse the ramble, I am a bit sleep deprived....
14-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Elle, I think your best bet is to ask the MMCC for a Course Licence application form and see what it says on there, Ive not seen one so I dont know what it says, I think your wasting your time asking the ACU cos they either dont know the answers to any questions or are reluctant to tell anyone the answers, but, if you do phone the ACU, dont mention that you know me, not if you want a civil answer, that is , Im not exactly the flavour of the month with them at the minute Lol Lol Lol Lol

Now Elle, about this sleep deprivation :?: :?:
14-03-2006, 09:02 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

I wondered about that too, Colin.

Here, Elle, we can't blame Adrian for that, or can we :?: :?:

Lol Lol Lol

:wink:
15-03-2006, 02:00 AM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10

If you get an entries pack for the TT or MGP the Course Licence Form will be included in it.

They were going to make a download available on iomtt.com when the ACU made it available to them.
15-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

15-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Course licence form is on http://www.iomtt.com

Click on "info for riders"
15-03-2006, 08:31 PM