Charlie Hulse
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
Charlie Hulse
Charlie, sorry mate, I cannot donate myself and machine to your very worthy SAFETY cause as I am not SAFE enough to race on the TT course, and do not qualify for a license to be there.
16-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Re: Charlie Hulse
Shaun Harris Wrote:Charlie, sorry mate, I cannot donate myself and machine to your very worthy SAFETY cause as I am not SAFE enough to race on the TT course, and do not qualify for a license to be there.

More information please Shaun ??? :roll:

Quote Victor Meldrew :

" I don`t beleeeve it "............

cheers,
Stella

PS just reading a prior posting and begining to see the light.....totally confused but begining to see the light :idea:

and theres more.....

Just wondered how Connor Cummins gets an entry for the TT and yet as i`m reading it there is a "problem" for yourself ?
with absolutly no disrespect towards Connor.
16-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Find Reply
hayley Offline

Threads: 19

:? :cry:
16-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

info
I recieved an email from the British ACU yesterday that was intended for the New Zealand ACU, it said, Shaun does not meet the requirements to race at the TT!!

I have not recieved a reply from them, I responded to the miss sent email, and have had no reply from them.

I should not be making these postings, as sometimes things can change, dust under the carpet and all that good old boys stuff but

begger it, even if I was to be granted special permission, I do not want to race at the TT anymore if I am going to be supporting the people that are trying as hard as possible to destroy pure road racing as quick as they can.
16-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Find Reply
hayley Offline

TT winner does not meet the requirements to race at the TT, Then what does???????? :?
and again :cry:
16-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Re: info
begger it, even if I was to be granted special permission, I do not want to race at the TT anymore if I am going to be supporting the people that are trying as hard as possible to destroy pure road racing as quick as they can.[/quote]

No Shaun! Please don't say never...you would be defying them, not supporting them...the spectators, the other riders and the majority of officials wnat you and people like you there. This dictatorial nonsense MUST NOT SUCCEED.
Come on...fight, boy!! They WANT you to back off...maybe that wasn't a miss-sent email.....
16-03-2006, 08:27 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

16-03-2006, 08:28 PM
hayley Offline

You go Helen!!!!!

Remind me never to p**s you off babe! :wink:

Shaun, you have to fight this.
I have heard that it is not just you they have done this to.
Dan is in the same boat with the Manx, If jurby is cancelled this weekend due to weather again, he is going to be pushed to get his 3 meetings in before the closing date for the Manx.

Fight, fight, fight!!!

I am sure I can speak for most, we are all 100% behind ALL of you!
16-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

Needless to say I am not a happy bunny, Evil but no where near as bad as Shaun must feel though. :cry:

I have been trying to get bits and pieces of sponsorship for Shaun. "You know some of my old contacts eh! Helen." :wink:

And I had found accomodation for Shaun following his message last week.

I daren't put my true feelings in words here 'cos that would probably mean shooting RaceGuard in the foot, but those of you who have read my postings elsewhere will know exactly what I am thinking !! Evil Evil

For anyone that doen't understand Shaun's message "myself and my machine". He had made the very generous offer of "Donating half of ANY winnings in the 1000 Production TT to RACEGUARD"
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
16-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Ah, yes, and why, one might ask, would the ACU not be falling over themselves to have a top TT rider back in there, AND donating towards safety...am I missing something?

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you.

Hayley...get yourself and Dan (and Jake or there's no deal!) and we can get him a meeting at East Fortune or Knockhill...let me know.. Same applies , Shaun, although it might be a bit far to come for a weekend!!
16-03-2006, 09:03 PM
hayley Offline

Can you lend me all the thermols you own if its knockhill please helen? Lol
Spoke to Dan East Fortune sound likely!!! Lol
(thank you very much for the deal, and yes that means you can have Jake all to yourself) :wink:
16-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Great...I'll get you the dates.
16-03-2006, 09:27 PM
tappo Offline

Threads: 2
shaun
please can somebody tell me what i have just read is surely a joke ,and a sick one at that ,tt winner not elidgible this just gets worse !
16-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

I think people may be missing the point here,

I would like to know exactly what criteria Shaun does not fit to race at the TT in 2006 and why ?

thanx,
Stella
16-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

The Reason
I have not done the required amount of races in the given time frame due to the afct that I built and ran my own race team in New Zealand this year to help some young riders through the championship.

The fact that I have raced there for 11 years and won 2 races does not meet the criteria is a dam joke, and the people that wrote this -ull-hit idea up have no idea what is and is not safe, the fact the new comers are allowed there if they meet the criteria and a rider of my history at the TT course is not proves this idea is a crock of -hit aimed at destruction of some thing a lot of people have a huge passion for.

Thanks ACU
16-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

Not completed the required number of meetings because he didn't ride last year.

But........if he had known about this early enough he could have entered some of the New Zealand "winter series" where he was running a team which included Guy Martin.
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
16-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Website Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

My fault
Charlie, wish I could say that honestly but, I had recieved something regarding the license issue, but I had already committed to running the race team thing out here and having 2 very young riders on board and huge amounts of sponsorship to do it.

So, it's my fault!

But does history and experience count for nothing, as I said in another thread, I think the horse bolted before all the considerations were looked at and the ACU now have a very difficult job to deal with.
17-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

And, of course, the majority of the people who have come up with this Licence farce, have never, ever, raced a motorbike, on any course, anywhere, in their lives, so therefore cannot have any comprehension, whatsoever, of what is required.
17-03-2006, 05:44 PM
tappo Offline

Threads: 2
shaun
like your self shaun i missed last season but mine was due to an old injury .we have had to do meetings this year and ones that we would not normally due ,but dont give up we are sidecar people but will still miss the likes of your self come on mate bite the bullet and shift youself.
21-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Re: shaun
tappo Wrote:like your self shaun i missed last season but mine was due to an old injury .we have had to do meetings this year and ones that we would not normally due ,but dont give up we are sidecar people but will still miss the likes of your self come on mate bite the bullet and shift youself.

Hey Tappo, Funnily enough I started racing in sidecars, and intended on doing the Sidecar class next year as well at the centenary.

Shift myself? My wife wants us to move to the Isle of Man, we were going to arrange things whilst there this year mmmm
21-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Find Reply