Mrs Emma Dickie
thewitch
Unregistered

Mrs Emma Dickie
The funeral was held today in Edinburgh of Mrs Emma Dickie, mother of Ian Dickie, who raced sidecars in the TT in the 1970s, and widow of Tom Dickie, who ran the racing at East Fortune for many years. Emma was 90, and still regularly visited by "East Fortune" folk. She will be greatly missed by her family, and by Mose.
15-04-2006, 03:35 PM
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

I met Emma a couple of times at the old Musselburgh Show, and also East Fortune in my "Rock Oil" days.

A lovely lady who loved the whole atmosphere surrounding bikes and racing.

My condolenses to all the family and friends.
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
15-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Sadly i never heard about the death of Mrs Dickie, i had heard from Mose that her health had deteriorated at the start of the year.
She and Mr Dickie were the people that got me involved in the sport of roadracing when i was 14yrs old !
Will working in the shop run by my dad she asked me if i would like to help collect the gate money at East Fortune all those years ago... we spent many good days covered in stoor collecting gate money and many good nights sending out entries for the race meetings, truth be told in those days one meeting finished and you were preparing for the next.
A lovely couple who devoted many years of their married life to the Mellville Motor club and the running of East Fortune.
Our thoughts go too the close family and friends of a very special couple.

Stella.
18-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Find Reply