Still around
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Still around
Dear Folks, I am still reading this forum most days but have been doing some other projects up to now.
In fact I am just back from the annual Titanic Convention which was a long weekend in Liverpool so I used it as a "dry run" for the TT visit in May-June since I have only fairly recently started distance driving since my episode before Christmas !

Actually, I am looking forward to this years TT...

It has had its ups and downs this year, but I personally feel positive about it, even though Shaun won't be racing..I hope he will come back to racing in 2007 (my 60th year as a TTFAN)..........

Paul Phillips deserves his promotion having taken all the recent flak and controversy in his stride. Elsewhere, there are to be attempts to raise the profile of the TT and that can not do harm at this time of the new century.

I feel I had to post this brief missive so that all of you who have wondered where I have gone, will see that I am still here in my arm chair with my "Pringles" rambling on.

See you ALL on the Island !! NOT LONG NOW !!!!!!!!!!**
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
28-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Website Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Glad to see you are ok Ian.I am sure the "little people" will welcome you with open arms.The TT needs all the real fans it can get.I will however,reserve my judgement until this year's event is over as there are many areas regarding safety and newcomers, which will have to be proved to work before I and many other people,are able to put our faith in the current organisation.Have a great time,wish I could be there. Sad
He who dislikes the cat,is himself a longtail
28-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

Ian, I sincerely hope I will meet you at the TT. We are staying at the Edelweiss so if you are passing by please leave a message as to where we can catch up. Thanks.
Jan
28-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

Hi! Ian, you have been conspicuous by your absence recently. Glad your on the mend and "getting about" a bit more 8) although a 'Titanic Convention' :?: must leave you with a bit of a sinking feeling :? I'll get my coat :oops:

I hope to meet you at the TT. Helen's night at the Pizzeria Big Grin
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
29-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Hi Ian,

glad to see that your "episode" hasnt left you too daunted!
I hope we bump into each other at some stage "over there"
At least at the meet in Douglas.
Yes, you are about to celebrated 60 years against my meagre 40 in the same visit!

MV
29-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Website Find Reply