VFR400/NC30 for the Manx?
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
VFR400/NC30 for the Manx?
Just thought the lads and lassies riding the Manx would like to know about a bike I recently bought. It's an L regd VFR400/NC30, which is in race trim. It's not in amazing condition, but we put a battery on it, it started immediately, sounded spot on and I took it up the road for a spin.It would make a decent bike for the Manx.
There's a discount available to anyone with a genuine entry in the Manx.
To those haven't heard from me for a while, sorry! I have been quite ill since January, but I hope to get to the TT for a few days.
Best wishes to all
11-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Nick,

I am sure that I am like a number of people in here, sorry to ghere you have been ill.
Lets hope that you are much better now and can enjoy some TT
MV
11-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Oops!

typo

That should have been "hear" of course

MV
11-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Website Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

Muppet Lol
11-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19

Very sorry to hear that you have not been well, Nick. Hope you are now well on the way back to full health. We need you fully fit and raring to go for TT2007, whether on the bike or not!

One of my all-time favourite TT days was the Formula One race of 1993, which you might just remember! It was a glorious hot sunny day, which I spent watching on the approach to the Mountain Box - and got severely sunburned!
11-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Oh, David, that sense of humour will get you into such trouble. I nearly fell off my chair laughing at your Jim Parker strapline....
Wholly agree with your sentiments about Nick. Hope to see Nick at the TT this year as a visitor too.
12-05-2006, 06:18 AM
cargo
Unregistered

Any takers for the bike yet Nick?

You say it's in race trim does that mean tuned?

Hope your health improves enough to make to the TT. I'll come find you in the paddock.
12-05-2006, 12:07 PM
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19

Helen, the quote from Jim Parker is word-for-word what he said in an interview with Manx Radio last December when questioned about the implications of the TT Course Licence.
12-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32

Firstly sincere thanks to all those who have E Mailed me with good wishes for my health. In all my life I've never been properly ill. Injured frequently, but ill never. It does concentrate the mind,and take you back to happy days charging over the mountain, climbing Grey Mare's Ridge in the Scottish Six Days Trial, or enduring the pain and pleasure of the Scott Trial. S'pose better to have done it rather than NEVER done it.
Anyway thanks again. I may have helped myself to sell the VFR400 by putting my E Mail address on the original posting. It's:nick@nickjefferies.co.uk. Cargo asked if it's tuned. Answer, no, thankfully, someone gets a standard engine to play with. It wouldn't be tidy enough as it stands to turn up at the scrutineers at the Manx, but, hey, there's time for the thing to be pulled apart and start again. I would. For those that don't know, I always rated the 400 class as THE class to start on the Island. I would still enjoy a whizz round on one now. Is it really 16 years since Steve Hislop, Carl Fogarty, Steve Cull, Steve Ward, Dave Leach, and I all charged round together on the Saturday night of the Formula 1 race day,all on trick little 400's. What a load of pure and fantastic FUN that was. I had ridden Terry Rymer's World Superbike OW01 earlier in the day, and the 400 Yam felt as though it was on three cylinders it was so slow compared to the 750.Happy days indeed.
12-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

cargo Wrote:Any takers for the bike yet Nick?

You say it's in race trim does that mean tuned?

Hope your health improves enough to make to the TT. I'll come find you in the paddock.

Hey I see your getting the chance to ride my old bike again this year Lol Lol You might start speaking to me again :oops:
12-05-2006, 07:02 PM