Mersey bomb
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
Mersey bomb
Did anyone else think the same as me that we may have had a lucky break, timing wise!
Imagine if they had discovered the bomb either just before the main bulk of travellers TO the Island or even on the way back!

MV
17-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Website Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

I can't resist any longer.....

....Yes if it had gone of it would have caused at least three or four pounds worth of damage :wink:
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
17-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Website Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

Well it has happened before, I can't remember what year it was, so0metime in the 70s.

The boat was packed on the way home, just of the Merseu Bar it came to a stop and an announcement was made that we could not dock at Liverpool because there was a Naptha leak in the Mersy.

We were told we were heading for Straenra to Dock , after a while this bloke asks me where the ***** is Straenra, when I told him it was in Scotland, he replied that he lived in Birkenhead and had come across on the Mersey Ferry to Liverpool with his PUSHBIKE??? his face was a picture when I said it was a long ride back.

I saw him later well sick and told him he was okay as I was going to the Wirral and he could put his bike on on the trailer I was towing behinf the tranny.

We were somewhere off Whitehaven with kids screaming, all refreshments had been sold no beer, drinks or foodl eft when they announced the Mersey was clear and we where heading back to Liverpool, a lousy trip to say the least.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
17-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

I do remember that happening.
Your story about the guy with a pushbike was hilarious!!

MV
17-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Website Find Reply