How to win this week's Lottery - guaranteed...
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
How to win this week's Lottery - guaranteed...
...Just ask Nigel Beattie to choose your numbers!

Not only has Nigel become the first Manxman since the 1950s to win a race at the North West 200, he has also won just about every race he has entered at Jurby Airfield and Road so far this season.

Over the winter, Nigel has been part of the Laxey football team that has just become only the fourth team in the history of Manx Football to win every major trophy in the same season. Yesterday they completed the 'Grand Slam' by beating St Georges 4-3 in the Hospital Cup Final. It was 3-3 when Nigel came on as sub with 10 minutes to go. No prizes for guessing which Laxey player scored the winner in the last minute of the game! Lol
22-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Well done to that man,just shows that keeping fit helps with the bike racing too. :wink:
23-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19

There's an article about Nigel's recent sporting successes in today's Manx Independent, together with a cleverly edited photo of him dressed half in leathers and half in football kit. He's quoted as saying 'Good luck has been on my side, so I'll have to go out and buy a couple of Lottery tickets!'. Now, I wonder where that idea came from... smilie
25-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Find Reply
HarleyFreemantle Offline

Threads: 4

Apologies for posting a non-tt/manx thread in here, but can anyone give me any details about the hospital cup? as I have been unable to find anything so far.
28-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Find Reply