Dave Molyneux Latest
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dave Molyneux Latest
As reported on TT Radio.

Dave and Craig approached Rhencullen at approximately 140mph and came through the rise on a line that Dave describes as the "perfect Line", unfortunatley the wind got underneath the outfit and lifted it a lot higher than he expected and upon touching down, knew that he had no chance of avoiding an accident.

The outfit flipped, Craig managed to avoid being entangled with it, however Moly found himself underneath it travelling along the road upside down and backwards at 140 mph. He managed to kick and push himself out from underneath the outfit and ended up laying in the middle of the road when he came to a stop.

He managed to get himself up and ran for the nearest driveway, "plonking my bottom down on the ground" and spotted Craig on the far side of the road.

They were both airlifted to Nobles for examination, with Moly being held until Sunday, while Craig was discharged with minor injuries.

Moly is suffering with a dislocated shoulder, burns and cuts to his leg and sore ribs. He is being held until Sunday to enable assessment of the extent of his leg injuries, which may require a skin graft.

Moly would like to extend his thanks to the Marshals, the Helicopter Crew and all the fans who have sent him their best wishes.

All of us at TTwebsite extend their best wishes to Dave for a speedy recovery.
02-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Malcolm, do you think he was misquoted when he was supposed to have said "I am finished with the TT?"

Lets face it folks, Moly has had a lucky escape and who would blame him for stopping?

Whatever, I wish him every success for the future

MV
02-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Website Find Reply
bud62 Offline

Threads: 2

Full interview on Manx Radio at 3.30 pm today
02-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Find Reply