Beer can stunt costs biker three months in jail
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15
Beer can stunt costs biker three months in jail
Reported on Manx Radio, should have been longer in my opinion or better still throw him the the real fans :!:

A visiting biker has been jailed for endangering the lives of riders and spectators.

Half-way through the last lap of Saturday's Superbike race, 29 year old Mark Cullen, a motorcycle dealer from South Wales, walked onto the course between Kate's Cottage and Creg-ny-Baa.

He then placed a beer can on the racing line.

Cullen was seen by the Deputy Sector marshal, the flagman and dozens of furious spectators.

He has been given a three month prison sentence and been banned from the Isle of Man for five years.

A media statement from the police says he will not be missed.

It also says when he was spoken to by the sector marshal, Cullen appeared to think what he had done was funny.
07-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Find Reply
jasjas Offline

Threads: 12

If it gets widely reported, especially in the motorcycle press, I expect there will be other repercussions. People will no doubt shun his shop and his dealership may be revoked.
07-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10

Do the police still attend the races? Is it just practices they don't do any more?
07-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

The police are still in attendance at practice and races but they now stay at a discret distance unless marshalls ask for assistance.
07-06-2006, 10:24 AM
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19

No doubt there are people who read this site who have contacts within the motorcycle dealership business. I'm sure that no motorcyclist would want anything to do with him or his business again, so please spread the word, and let's make sure that when he gets out of jail he doesn't have a business to go back to.
07-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390

Personally, I know what I would like to add to this topic, but it would get me banned.

Suffice to say, whatever happens to him in the future, it can only be described as well deserved.
07-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well said everyone.
07-06-2006, 11:11 AM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

This incident truly "beggars belief!"
I could hardly believe what I was hearing when it came on the news.
All the comments about his business being affected are spot on, too!

Unfortunately, this is typical of the times we live in.
The word RESPECT is falling into disuse.
I listened to some new arrival bikers outside the Sulby Glen Hotel recently and their attitude to the Island, speeding and drunken bahaviour left me feeling rather sad.
It was also at the Sulby that I witnessed someone, who looked old enough to know better, using the marshalls phone during practice to make a personal call!
When we commented to him about it being for emergencies only, he said "Its not coming off my bill!"
yep, I am officually now a grumpy old man!!

MV
07-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
paramedics
Entrance to Kirk Braddan, Wednesday Solo Races.....

As soon as the six leaders went through, the paramedics upped and went with their ambulance and equipment!!

I said to a Marshall, "What happens if a back-marker comes off ?" He said that there are other paramedics round the corner..

Round the corner is out of sight !!!

Surely posts should be manned up to the end of the race ??
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
10-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Website Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141

The beer guy, should have been fined 1k, and the money given to the helicopter fund!
11-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Website Find Reply