Nick Jefferies new President of the TTRA + other skeet
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
Nick Jefferies new President of the TTRA + other skeet
Nick Jefferies was unanimously elected to serve the next term as President of the TT Riders Association, taking over from fellow 'Tyke' - and trials rider - Mick Grant. Nick will be installed at the TTRA Luncheon at the National Motorcycle Museum later this year, I gather this is a good 'craik' but have never managed to get the yet.
Had a good chat with Nick on Monday, a super enthusiast with a fund of stories and knowledge of the races, he is hoping to meet Helen and Malcolm whilst here as well as other members of the ttwebsite fraternity.
The Friends of the TT Riders Association had their AGM tonight, they have raised a significant amount of money which was passed to the TTRA for benefit of ex-riders who are perhaps not in the best of health.
Elwyn Roberts was here for a too brief visit to the TT; he is looking in rude health.
Also met Bernard Codd; 50 years ago he won the last two Clubman TTs on Gold Stars, they were both run on the same day, a double he shares with a few select aces, Charlie Williams, Mike Hailwood, possibly David Jefferies. This was mentioned when he chatted with Charlie Williams on Radio TT this morning.
Fred Pidcock, MGP competitor and I are currently working on a book chronicling the Clubman races, anyone out there with (suitable) stories to add? Nick has an anecdote concerning father Allan and Wilfred Pickles he is keen to share.
I'm on the Great Flapjack Foray of Life - can't you tell!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
07-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Website Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

That is great news !

Congratulations Nick.
07-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390

Great news that Nick has taken up this position.

See you both at the 38th on Friday

Malcolm.
07-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

As a mere spectator and supporter (albeit a fairly long serving one) I agree that this could not be a better choice.
Its clear that Nick is a gentleman with time for all and much experience to bring to the table.

Power to your elbow.

MV
07-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Website Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19

MV Wrote:Power to your elbow.MV
I'm sure Larry Devlin would agree with that too! Lol
08-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

I suppose I have to come clean -- in addition to The Elbow, I also have the most spectacularly technicolour hip you ever saw (but never will :!: )

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
08-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Just a great shame Nick is not in charge of the whole show! Congratulations Nick :wink:
He who dislikes the cat,is himself a longtail
08-06-2006, 06:13 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Jolly well done Nick.....now something else This is a snap of Larry the technicolour hippy and friend.

[Image: hippie%20photos%20vieux.gif]
08-06-2006, 11:42 AM