Motor Cycle News
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
Motor Cycle News
The comments aimed at the moron who placed a beer can on the course,are well placed,but on another serious note,no sane person should ever buy MCN again.They are slating the TT marshals yet again.What is their problem? Do they really want to kill off the TT by all their stupid statements.Makes my blood boil.They have once again sent spies to sign on as marshals.Seek them out and send the Gorse Lea marshals to exterminate them :twisted:
He who dislikes the cat,is himself a longtail
07-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am suprised that you buy that comic Hillary? there are a lot better m/cycle racing publications and they what they are talking about.
07-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10

I heard the Chief Marshal's comments on Manx Radio news. He was very upset the two individuals had just signed on and said nothing to anybody, and hadn't bothered to find out any real facts about the improvements that had been made.

Ultimately there will never be the concentration of marshals you get on a short circuit but neither will there be the concentration of fallers. IOt's for the people who know the course to determine what's suitable and what's not, not a couple of lowlife tabloid gutter "journalists"

Rubbish attitude and sloppy work like that is why I don't buy MCN any more.
07-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Website Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
Morons contribution Network
The Title sez it all. Time to find the out house!!
07-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

I am totally ashamed of myself for reading that dreadful publication, but when you are bored witless,standing on a market stall,when you should be in the IoM,sometimes it is better than reading The Sun!!!.Just sometimes.BSN is only published every two weeks.For goodness sake Shaun,you don't really think the paper is good enough to flush away,do you? :?
07-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48

Hilary M Wrote:I am totally ashamed of myself for reading that dreadful publication, but when you are bored witless,standing on a market stall,when you should be in the IoM,sometimes it is better than reading The Sun!!!.Just sometimes.BSN is only published every two weeks.For goodness sake Shaun,you don't really think the paper is good enough to flush away,do you? :?

Morons Corespondense nonsense! Yep, I'd flush it
07-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

I have put it in the cat's litter tray,where it will get what it deserves :?
07-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19

I'm proud to say that the last time I bought this sleazy, downmarket tabloid trash was 1989 when they did a hatchet job on the TT, and I have NEVER bought a copy since. Why would any road race enthusiast want to fork out money to buy such trash when there are numerous websites and other good publications that can give you all the information you could ever want?

Well done to each and every marshal out there on the course - you all do a wonderful job. The marshalling in the aftermath of Rob Frost's crash the other day was exemplary.

The people who are responsible for Motorcycle News are absolute scum, the very lowest form of life. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they had something to do with the idiot who put a beer can on the course at Creg ny Baa last Saturday. Don't forget that this is the publication that paid one of their writers to ride at 155mph on the racing line on open roads between Sulby and Ramsey last year, with total disregard for the safety of others. Need I say more?
08-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

The ONLY comment I'm going to make on this matter at the moment because I have far better things to do right now and haven't the time
to look at SOMEONE elses copy of MCN (morons criticizing nastily)
ie the newsagents copy! But I will read up at a more convenience time
if I can be bothered but I will say that the Marshalls Association have worked extremely hard as always to help make our TT/MGP as safe and
successful as THEY possibly can.
I have witnessed their work in action this week especially when I and others there at the scene the of Rob Frost accident, I certainly couldn't praise them enough !
BRILLIANT JOB 'VOLUNTARILY' DONE !

AND AS MY HUSBAND SAYS WHAT PRAT PAID SOME IDIOT TO RIDE
AT 'RACE' SPEED ON OPEN ROADS !?? And in a restricted speed area !
As the local government and DEpartment of Transport & POLICE say
on their road advertisements boards 'LEAVE IT TO THE ACES'
08-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Website Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

I think it's time the IOM Department of Tourism and the Minister of Fun introduced a new poster campaign. They could word their banners thus:

A TT KILLER LURKS IN THE GUTTER......

MCN
09-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

Lol Lol Lol

OH MY SIDES....................
09-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
EARTHQUAKE
There were reports last week of a severe earthquake in Scotland...

It was Norrie Whyte turning in his grave !! His beloved MCN (it was worth reading when he was there) had just imploded..

Heavens knows what he would have thought of the present standards of journalism..

Another story comes to mind which comes from when I used to be ensconced in the press office.

Peter Kneale used to pass a number of new journalists on to me for me to to give them advice on where best to go to watch and how to get there.

A certain national newspaper had sent over a pair of real rookies to report and they ended up with me.

"Where can we go to see an accident ?"......

The press office went silent (strange for those days) and then there was a chorus of intakes of breath.....

I carefully considered, stared them straight in the eyes and sent them up to Governors...............

Their day was truly wasted cos there was not even a scraped fairing to see.............
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
10-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice one Ian but a couple of years ago before Norrie left us there was a big difference of opinion in the Woody with another well know journalist, Norrie being the gentleman he was didnt get involved but it was the same subject GUTTER PRESS REPORTING.
12-06-2006, 12:13 PM
tappo Offline

Threads: 2
mcn rubbish
well after reading what everybody has said about that certain comic ,just dont buy it all you get is adds adds and more bloody adds followed by some poxy shoot out which they did 6 months ago o and dont forget some helmet or glove report and as for that marshal fiasco .we did the tt this year and found the whole system brill ,roll on next year .
12-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Find Reply