Some help please
HarleyFreemantle Offline

Threads: 4
Some help please
Born. Get sh*t.
Enter the real world. Get more sh*t.
Climb a little higher. Get less sh*t.
Till one day your up in the rarified atmosphere, and youve forgotten what sh*t even looks like.

Welcome to the Layer Cake,
24-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40

You've only paid a deposit. The ferry company will contact you in due course to confirm your sailing times and the balance to pay.
25-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Website Find Reply
HarleyFreemantle Offline

25-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

25-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Website Find Reply
HarleyFreemantle Offline

Okay cheers. Ive got an NSU QUICKLY S that im doing up, but that im only about 75-80% sure will be taking over, should I perhaps book its place on the ferry now and then if it cant make a show, am I able to sell the booking on?

Or is it not advisable to take something with a top speed of 35-40mph?

Thanks for the help,
25-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

I think you'd need to decide now if you want to take it. If it doesn't come off you shoulbe able to move the booking on, as long as there's room on the boat for another person - bear in mind you'll still need your passenger place. Payment won't be due until the end of February though, so you should have a clearer idea by then what you'll be doing and book accordingly.

As for taking the NSU, why not? A lot of us will remember Harry the Professor who used to come from Sweden on a Honda C90. He's gone now but he was a bit of a legend. Maybe you'll become his natural sucessor!
25-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Website Find Reply
HarleyFreemantle Offline

Okay, I was thinking more of the speed aspect of things, and whether or not id be p*ssing off the 'big boys' on their fancy 'proper bikes' as I dithered along at 30odd mph, complete with pedals? Lol
It'll only be my 4th trip to the island, first one unaccompanied, so im a little wary of what to expect.

Speaking about memorable people, has anyone met "John from Runcorn"? Absolutely out of his head completely, comes over for four weeks to include the racing, but never goes to watch himself.
26-07-2006, 01:07 AM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

You come over on whatever you can!
Never mind the boy racers.
Dont forget they ARE public roads!
In my poorer days, I was reduced to travelling over on BSA Bantams
on 2 occasions. Then in the mid 70s, I travelled by Suzuki AS100 from London.
I have to say that they were some of the real fun years for me!
Its about being there, really.
You will love just getting around the course!

MV
27-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

I did the Manx two-up on a BSA C15 a few years ago. It used more oil than petrol but we got a round of applause when it spluttered into Liverpool docks!

Let's face it, if you're 16 and want to ride a bike over there then the old Quickly will be as fast as anything you can ride at that age.
27-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Website Find Reply
jasjas Offline

Threads: 12

I agree with MV. There are always a fair few old bikes around at TT travelling at quite slow speeds, so don't worry. All I can offer by way of advice is from my own experience both on a bike and in a car. You look in your mirrors one second and there is nothing there and the next second a stream of sportsbikes fly past you and you wonder where they came from. So just be extra vigilant, especially on the unrestricted parts of the course where there could be people going 3 or 4 times as fast as you.
27-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Find Reply
HarleyFreemantle Offline

Okay, thanks for the advice. I do want to book the Quickly on, dont really like the idea of booking it and having no idea of how much it'll cost, especially if its not my sole hope of getting there, but if the prices come out in December and I wait 'til then, its not likely i'll get on is it?

Oh what to do!
Born. Get sh*t.
Enter the real world. Get more sh*t.
Climb a little higher. Get less sh*t.
Till one day your up in the rarified atmosphere, and youve forgotten what sh*t even looks like.

Welcome to the Layer Cake,
27-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Find Reply