Shop the Diesel-Spilling Scumbags
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
Shop the Diesel-Spilling Scumbags
The diesel spillages on the course are not just a massive waste of time for all involved with the racing but are, potentially, attempts at manslaughter. It is even more worrying to hear the suggestion that the spillages dealt with on the past two evenings may have been deliberate.

I have mentioned previously on various forums that some owners of diesel vehicles on the Island seem to think that it is their duty to pour diesel onto the roads throughout the year, apparently without fear of prosecution. Let's tackle them now and get everyone to look out for the scumbags.

Should we invite offers of a reward for information leading to successful prosecution?

SPOT THEM AND SHOP THEM!
25-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

John and his marshals prepare for another night's practice.
[Image: HAZMAT_info_page_photo-01.jpg]
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
25-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

i totally agree Don but its a fact if life that a certain ellement will always try to disrupt peoples enjoyment.
25-08-2006, 12:00 PM
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19

I believe that the offending vehicle last night (and almost certainly the previous night) was a bus, which was identified and has now been impounded. Not before time!
25-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

Hi John,

Just want to wish you guys down at my favorite spot all the best for the Manx. Would have loved to have been able to get down to witness the shinnanigans of the wild life, oh and that of the pheasents, rabbits and birds you have flocking round you as well..... (yes you should have seen it during the TT, birds all over the place with not a stitch on, must have found out about Johns' millions)

So sorry again for not making it I might see if I can get the night off on Saturday and see you then, but if not all the best to the worlds hardest working bunch I have ever met. Hope the cakes are going down well.

Take care lads and hope everyone has a safe and happy MGP.

Dave
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
25-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

PS Cargo says he has been waving at you and this is the reason for his lap times..... just wondering if you could confirm this rumour?
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
25-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

I think a reward for shopping the diesel spilling morons is a brilliant idea.It has happened several times in the past and to date, I have never heard of anyone being prosecuted.What would have happened if a rider HAD come off on the spillage, and suffered a serious injury as a direct result of it? You can bet that such scum wouldn't even care.It would pay the organisers to employ a few people to keep a close watch on the course for an hour or so before practice and racing,after all it must cost them a fair amount to clean it up.I would rather like to find out who exactly did detect the culprit.String the b*****d up. :twisted:
25-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

I believe that a suspect bus was "arrested" then tested and cleared. Shouldn't the authorities check all buses?

We spent over half an hour cleaning up another diesel spill (apparently caused by an overfilled tank and/or a faulty fuel cap) from the racing line through Gorse Lea before practice commenced on Saturday night. I believe that there may have been some at Ballacraine that night too. Did anyone witness any other spills?

Let's see some prosecutions. This reckless behaviour is a danger to all road users on two or four wheels at any time.
28-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

It is fairly obvious to me that the Manx authorities do not want any adverse publicity from any area, including prosecuting wrong doers. There have been two armed robberies in the last few weeks, one just in the last day.For such a small island,this is becoming worrying,and it is high time something was done to combat crime and vandalism,instead of simply going out with hair dryers to catch someone speeding
29-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

It used to be alright until all those "comeovers" arrived.
You know what we tell them in OZ Hilary,
"If ya can't stand the eat get out of the kichun".
Sorry to pour diesel onto the flames.
[Image: flame.jpg]
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
29-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Find Reply