Moto GP
Kev Brown Offline

Threads: 11
Moto GP
So it's the final GP on Sunday,who will win the title Rossi or Hayden?
I for one hope Hayden gets it as I am sick of Rossi 'fans' they are the Manchester United fans of the motorcycle world,they only wear the 46 shirts because he has won so much in the same way the 'Manchester' fans wear the red shirt.
So go on Hayden and win it for me.
25-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Find Reply
Sid from Brigg Offline

Threads: 14

Are you a scouser ? Go for it Rossi,anybody who stuffs a Yank will do for me.
25-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

i'm with you sid Big Grin
at least these rossi fans have all seen rossi ride. 99% of man utd fans have never been to manchester, never mind old trafford.
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
25-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Bit unfair to judge Rossi by his fans..he's an amazing talent, and seems a genuinely nice guy too. I'm a Rossi fan (but I haven't got the t-shirt)...just remembered....I've got a Klaffi t-shirt...Gail and David gave me it for my birthday...which team would that be??? Everton???
25-10-2006, 09:00 PM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

I think that any knid of reference to Rossi in connection
with Manure fans is an insult to the great man.
Nor do I like the talk of stuffing Yanks.
This sport is above all that.
I say this as someone who has supported Arsenal for as long
as I have been going to the TT, 1967.
Goodness knows I hate Manure and their fans as much as the
next man!
BUT, one of the reasons that love the wonderful world of
Motorcycle Road racing so much is the camaraderie and largely
good sportsmanship.
Nicky Hayden is one of the best Americans for ages and I have
admired his gutsy style for ages. I am pleased to see him up
there.
As for Rossi, he is the greatest since Stanley Michael Bailey
Hailwood.
Even the great Mike the Bike would have admired him.
Rossi himself has been very respectful of Mike and his
reputation.
So, no more of this talk, please.
May the best man win, and I think he just might!!

I know one thing, I have got very emotional on several
Sundays this season and I think it will be the same this weekend.
What a wonderful sport and what heroes entertain us.
(and have done for so many years)

Formula One? Eat your heart out!!!

MV
26-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Website Find Reply
Paddy_NL Offline

Threads: 2

Oh dear, the King hast lost his Crown :shock:
A very respectable second place in the championship though...
29-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

He'll be back!
29-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Congratulations to Nicky Hayden he did what he had to.

For me today Troy Bayliss was by far... man of the meeting, awesome display Big Grin

As for the God that is Valentino ??? he will be back...... 8)

Stella
29-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Find Reply
Paddy_NL Offline

thewitch and stella both Wrote:He'll be back!
Yep. He was too close to even think he will give up next year.
29-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Correct me if I'm wrong but did I detect am atttempt by Hayden to barge/shove Rossi off just after the start

To me it looked like he tried twice. Once was maybe a clash of fairings and a racing incident.......... but twice ?? not so sure
29-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Paddy_NL Offline

Didn't think I saw that second time. First one was just after the start, was that second one in the first corner then? After that Hayden seemed fading quickly...

Would be stupid by Hayden if he succeeded, he could have gone off himself and lost on points with that act :shock:
29-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Find Reply
Kev Brown Offline

Threads: 11

Well I got my wish and thank god it WAS a fair race in that no team tactics were used.
It was a shame Rossi fell,as I think he would have beaten Hayden and won the championship.
Man of the race was Bayliss.
Roll on next season and the new 800's,which I bet will be as quick as the present bikes soon enough.
30-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

The sport was the winner, to quote a football cliche!
What a series, what drama, what close racing!!
Its a funy thing about Valli, but I didnt give up thinking
he could do it, even after his fall!
He is capable of doing it.....
The way he shook hands while still on the back was very
touching I though, and so did Nicky!
A mate of mine who doesnt know an awful lot about MotoGp
said something like "shame about his family. Hollywood and KFC!"
I'm afraid I went for him!
The Hayden family is biker through and through.
From my point of view, if valli couldnt win it, then its good it was
Nicky.
Well done Mr Hayden

MV

PS. The coming together was SO close to disaster.
Did you see the shots from the onboard cam??
30-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Website Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

I think the coming together at the start MAY be attributed to a nervous start by Nicky. Wonderful race, Nicky Hayden is a beautiful rider to watch, Bayliss magnificent, Rossi...well what can one say. He is awesome. I am happy though, that Nicky took the title. Makes for an exciting lead up to next season.
31-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
same script
We watched the Car Grand Prix and then we watched the Bike Grand Prix and thought "they are using the same script !!!!!"

To have Michael Schumacher go backwards as it were, then seeing Rossi do a pitch, one tends to wonder if business comes before pleasure in both sports.

If Schuey and Rossi had won, would there be less column-mileage in the papers and magazines ??

I am beginning to lose faith in races that look pre-planned and maybe I'm getting very cynical at my age but does anyone agree ??

Organisers have HAD to make the racing "interesting" this year because the general public need better value for their money !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
03-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

to put it as politely as i can ian, you're talking bull locks. no relation to tony blair are you? if you think any of that was fixed, i'm afraid you need to go out and get yourself a couple more ounces of wool. while we're on the subject, just how many t.t. race wins have been fixed over the years? over to you.
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
03-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

I was told of one 250cc TT race that an attempted fix was made by a then well known factory team to a private entrant who was riding the same make. Understand he was offered the winners prize money to make sure the factory entered machine won, which he declined.
Mind you it was a long,long while ago and none of those involved are with us today.
03-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I have heard tell of a certain competitor being bought off so that he didn't protest all the Hondas that finished in front of him in a 600 race.

Apparently all the Hondas had modified fuel tanks that were not allowed under 600 rules................story was they could NOT get two laps out of a standard tank...........................

ALLEDGEDLY
04-11-2006, 05:50 AM
Paddy_NL Offline

fixed races? we don't want to know, now do we? :shock:
04-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

I too have, within limits, enjoyed the MotoGP season - particularly as, living in Spain, I get the excitable Spanish commentary on the 125 & 250 before switching to the poor-but-in-English jobby on the Beeb! As for the cars...well I gave up on expecting much from them years ago. Both disciplines have suffered in my opinion from excessive control over the past many years - for the 'bikes; age limits and singles-only limits on the 125s, riders only allowed to race in one class, generally strict controls over specifications, and as for the cars the only way they will ever get some interest back into that lot is by restricting the width of tyres to around one-third of what they are now. No more technical restrictions would be needed, as a 5-litre turbo motor would soon chew up its rubber, yet a smooth 2 litre be slower on top speed - the tortoise or the hare....that would add a bit of technical interest! That would stop the problem of them having outgrown the challenge of the circuits and give the drivers a different challenge in controlling them. Motorcycle development has always had the problem of matching power with useability - remember the early Honda 500 being wrestled round by SMBH?
Both disciplines have also shown up the difference between racing on a circuit of the magnificence of the Isle of Man TT course, where I would doubt that any rider has ever done what he would regard as a perfect lap, and the Scalextric tracks where no more than thousandths of a second separate the lap time of several competitors, because it is so much less of a challenge to the technicians and the rider.
Now if only the organisers of the TT would ban tyres that are not road-legal, and add a penalty of 5 minutes for anyone changing tyres during a race, we might see the TT become the only real test of racing where to come out on top, the rider and the machine have to work on rough and non-grippy, bumpy and smooth, uphill and down, with the best compromise between power, speed, handling and economy - and in any weather!
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
04-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Find Reply