NEW LOGO FOR 2007 TT
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
NEW LOGO FOR 2007 TT
Just home from the Motorcycle show I am going through all the pess releases and find thid one so it is priority

It is the new logo for the TT 2007.

Other information will be posted on the same link as I plough through it all

please go to http://www.ianhuntly.co.uk/infott07.htm d
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
26-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Website Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147

Hold on Ian,
Watch the corporate kiddies don't sting you for 'unauthorised' use of the new logo!
Do the Press releases mention who is going to be the 'official' TT website?
26-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Well, this was the first site to show it! it has not been on iomtt or iomonline, although it is now on manxradio, and Cargo has posted it on paddockgossip!
26-10-2006, 08:13 PM
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Is it useable
Possession is nine points of the law so I am told. (What does that mean ??)

Apparently one has to get official, official permission to use it but, come on, it should be for us all to use without having to pay to use it, since we are all using it for the common good...

It is the logo for TT 2007, for heavens sake, so why restrict its use ???

Who out there would use it ??

Will this esteemed website be able or want to use it, or do we all know and love the TTWEBSITE logo as it is now ??

I suppose we will all have to have the approval of the IOM to use the new logo....
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
27-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Website Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
TT Logo
Come on kiddies - act your ages.

I for one don't give a flying damn about this "new TT logo", although I'd be intrigued to find out just how much money was lashed out to image consultants to "design" it :!:

Does it really matter :?:

:wink:
27-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

Personnally I am not impressed by the design. For those with no knowledge of the relevence of the moto TT it does not portray the link to motorcycle racing.
Could even be interpreted as Tea Totaler, but there just an opinion.
27-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

wheres a bike
There was a comment made at the NEC that the design was done "without a bike" on purpose, so I tend to agree with some people who have contacted me saying it appears to have no relevance to the TT Races....Table Tennis was someones suggestion..

However we must think positive about 2007 and comment on it after the event......
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
27-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Website Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

The logo looks like someone elses national flag !!
27-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Website Find Reply
teamjhracing Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1

Big Grin Big Grin Bring back the "TT Bug" Big Grin Big Grin Now that was a logo. Lol Gawd now I'm feeling my age. :shock:
Racing is life, everything else is just filling in time.
28-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Website Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

larryd - I am with you on this. The logo is of as much importance to the races as changing the name of 'Jif' to 'Cif' was in improving the efficiency of it as a cleaner, and as for the costs, it reminds me of the horrendous amount of money wasted by the late unlamented Norton Villiers on that putrescent boil trademark! There are far more important issues that need addressing, hidden behing the b u l l s h i t and smokescreen of PR.
On the point of usage of a trademarked logo, just be grateful that motorcycling is not run by Bernie Ecclestone, or there would already be several forum members without underwear - he would have sued the pants off 'em!
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
29-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

29-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

Perhaps, Paul, but we in Ireland enjoy a dozen or so National Road Races each year which do not, as far as I am aware, receive significant Government backing - neither, I believe, do the Southern 100 boys.

Indeed, remembering Tubby's impassioned Press interview earlier this year, they get, to all intents and purposes, b*gger all :!:

And as to the thought of our Nationals getting help assistance or benefit from the Internationals - there's coffee for breakfast when you wake up :!: :!:

I still say that the new logo, per se, doesn't matter a flying damn :!: :!: :!:

ps - no matter what it cost :wink:
30-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

I'm sorry Larry but you couldn't be more wrong about the Southern 100 events. Like the Manx Grand Prix, Rally Isle of Man and other significant motorsport events on the Isle of Man, they couldn't run without the large finiancial investment from the Government, and I am sure the organisers at Billown would agree with me if you were to care to ask them.

For them to continue and develop we have to find new ways of finding additional revenue which is what we are doing so people like yourself can continue to enjoy participating motorsport on our fantastic Island.

Paul
30-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Find Reply
Beatster Offline

Threads: 0

30-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

So how has the TT lasted for 100 years?
How many people provide their services to run the TT for absolutely nothing?
Which government benefits by the enormous in rush of money at TT time?
Who benefits from the superfluous TT Course License fee?
Who pays for the riders (the central characters) to get to the Island?
Who pays for their food and lodgings?
Who pays for the black tie dinner?
Who profits from the TT DVD and videos?
Of course I will be told I don't know what I am talking about, that I am wrong, etc, etc, but to my mind the TT, like many other aspects of our life is being organised for us by economic rationalists. This means if the figures don't add up then it can't happen.
Thank goodness that the mighty dollar did not decree the TT races were not economic in the past 100 years or we would not be still lucky enough to enjoy the greatest road race in the world.
And with regard to the logo, I can't count how many seemingly intelligent people I have seen conned by PR and advertising firms with such corporate identity gobbldy gook.
My opinion is ,as mentioned elsewhere, that the logo is very, very ordinary and the swoosh or planetary swirl is now quite out of date and done to death. I would not be surprised it was done on a low budget.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
03-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

06-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... let's look forward, not just back.
I know progress isn't always to our taste, and change is scary, BUT...if this attitude had prevailed in the 50s we wouldn't have had Japanese bikes (Don wouldn't like that...), and probably not all the great heroes now being celebrated.
When the world championship went, there were doom laden predictions, and many forsook the races...almost fulfilling their own prophecy, but a new influx of people supporting those dreadful two strokes (yes...remember that...nasty, smelly, unreliable, they'll never catch on etc etc etc...) saved the day. Now we want them back, cos we grew to love them!
Those fantastic Hondas, the races we remember Hailwood for, and all Joey's great victories...just a mo...that was one of those despised "works" teams...THE works team...
Riders have always had to pay their own way, so nothing has changed there, except that now some of them make a lot of money, and the gorgeous trucks tell me they are not living in squalour. Even the "lower orders", the "holiday racers" are living in relative comfort...spot the fridges and microwaves, the TVs and cookers, in TENTS!
I don't particularly care for the style of bikes racing these days...never did like production racing, but I absolutely love the talented riders. You have to race what's current, and if someone comes along and beats them all with something different...that'll be the next big thing...and some of us won't like that either!!
I'm looking forward very much to TT2007 (forget the silly logo...all logos are silly...the TT Bug was awful) I will be marshaling most practice and race sessions, be involved with the JDF...hope to have lots of things going on then...and maybe, just maybe, something new and exciting if we can get the formalities completed in time.
TTwebsite are hoping to run a few special things for you to join in...fundraisers for the JDF(and possibly something else...aren't secrets fun?)
But...most of all, I am looking forward to seeing the friends I have made over 35 years of TTs, MGPs and Southern100s, and making new ones...the TT is about people and bikes...old, young, local, foreign...can't wait.
FORGET THE POLITICS...JUST ENJOY THE RACING..
06-11-2006, 09:36 AM
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

Paul: there are some folk on here seem to regard you as a cross between the devil and a serial killer - you may have given them supporting evidence when you say
Quote:"In March next year my wife and I will have our first child and I can't wait to take my son or daughter to the bank "
Selling your first-born? King Herod would have been proud of you! :wink:
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
06-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Do you know Helen I think your right.............stuff all that corperate bulls*** and forget about the tacky non race entertainmanet it was good once when it was naive and amatuerish but not now it's all about screwing the punter for every penny he's got. Not forgetting that it's only rich punters ABC1 that can afford it all anyway.

Stuff em all just go watch the racing and forget the rest..................................... ...............................................................now I think I'll get booked up for going .................................................................................................

to the Manx :wink:
06-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

06-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Find Reply