bring back the birch ??
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
bring back the birch ??
Police are investigating a spate of vandalism at the TT grandstand.

Between 5pm on Wednesday evening and 9am yesterday 5 separate incidents of criminal damage have been caused to property within the complex.

Officers are urging anyone with information to contact them and say the expense and inconvenience of such acts are eventually paid for by the tax paying public

From Energy Radio
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
05-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Website Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147

I'm afraid it's happening all over the Island, Ian, we had some little ...t walk down our road smashing wing mirrors off as he went. He had bussed in from Ramsey just to do it!
05-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Website Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

I hear crime is seriously bad on the Island now from friends who live there.

And exactly what is rhat worthless individual Culverhouse from 'Merseybeat' who you have as a C C doing about it.

Nothing, He's about as much use to the Isle of Man as when he was a Detective Sergeant in West Kirby on the Wirral.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
06-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

I'm afraid that this kind of problem is twofold, and on the increase as elsewhere in Britain. Firstly, the culprits are rarely shopped because most of the public who witness such actions are too cowardly and lacking in principles/morals to speak out. Secondly, the "law" protects the under-age offenders and lets them off with multiple "last" warnings - or rewards them with top accommodation with new PS2 and Sat/HD/TV to smash up.

ANSWER: If the culprits are considered too young to face a deterrent, the parents must be held responsible and prosecuted.
07-11-2006, 12:36 AM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

I think your "answer", John, is probably the way to go. People ask me WHY these kids/youths do it and I say, 'because they can'. The law is the same here. You work hard, go without and some little mongrel takes great delight in destroying your property.
I am involved in junior speedway, I am so proud of the kids and their supporting families and I believe that none of these boys and girls will ever get involved in criminal activities. Parents must start taking responsibility.
07-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

And here is how it was done birching that is

http://www.archivist.f2s.com/cpa/written/birching.htm
07-11-2006, 11:11 PM
cargo
Unregistered

Enough to scare the wits out anyone considering antisocial activities

http://www.tugmedia.com/iom.jpg
07-11-2006, 11:21 PM
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

If the birch was brought back, I can foresee a line of Tory MPs, all claiming to have been bad boys.......... Lol
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
08-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Find Reply