Goodbye and thank you, Mon Brave
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Goodbye and thank you, Mon Brave
Would you all join in with me for one minutes silence for my FIAT Brava who expired today..

He has been my mode of transport since 1996 and from "delivery miles" has reached 86965 miles before the crankshaft suffered major lobe problems which proved terminal and too costly to repair.

(Anybody offering a good retirement home, please e-mail me)

The reason I mention this sad event is because he has been coming with me to the TT races over the last ten years and was booked to come to the 2007 TT....

He was always first on the dock at Liverpool, has been seen in TT videos/DVDs and has done countless laps of the TT Course with many a famous name as passenger.

Always a shame when a close friend has had his day, not least my trusty and loyal Brava............................

RIP

(Have ordered a new car for the weekend so I will at least still be driving on the Island in 2007---It won't be quite the same though !)
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
21-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

should have bought a peugeot diesel :wink: only just run in at 89,000.
first one i bought had 128,000 on the clock, sold it with 204,000 on and we passed her as she was heading for the ferry as we were coming back from the ulster at stranraer last year [no, not the ulster at stranraer]. that was 8 years after i sold her. where are you f821 dbu?
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
22-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

Oh No, not the chariot you took Justine and me to Onchan in Ian!!! She has served you well.
22-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

ade my little baby van has 160000 1 clutch 1/2 an exaust the front pipe and has just got back 6 hours ago from your part of the world? check pm a sad day eh? see you not the hole in the wall but back to the alma.
22-11-2006, 10:27 PM
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

pykey, i don't know what i'm doing next year. aberdare, yes, gold cup, yes, but apart from that? i don't know. trouble is i've got that many ulstermen with fire in their bellies and blarney on their tongues telling me what to do and where to go, that ---------
after the do at the templeton i'll let you know. and if big noel is reading this, i'd like to say THANK YOU for all he's done for me in the past and for next weekend. noel, you are a star :wink:
oh, by the way pykey, isn't your little baby van also a peugeot? Tongue Tongue Tongue
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
23-11-2006, 02:04 AM
Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

I'm sure we'll see you a few times next year ade! Sorry I'll miss meeting you on the 1st - dang Chrimbo Gig :roll:
100% True - Noel deserves a lot of reconigition for what he's put into making the road racing what it is today
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
23-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48

Come on Huntly face it, it was a piece of poop anyway Lol
23-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
poop was it !!! nay
Now, now, Shaun, don't be like that, it was tuned, skimmed, supercharged, lowered, had a special termi exhaust system and could do 187mph in reverse . Or was I dreaming ??

Still, I had some "good times" in that car, and besides I preferred to spend my money on support and sponsorship for some of you, and also have a good ole time on the Island....
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
26-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Website Find Reply