David Cretney no Longer with the DoTL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
David Cretney no Longer with the DoTL
It has been announced in the new ministerial line up, that David Cretney has been moved from the Department of Tourism and Leisure to the Department of Trade and Industry.

Onchan MHK Adrian Earnshaw (newcomer to the Council of Ministers)becomes Tourism and Leisure Minister.
16-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Interesting new Minister, and I am sure, one we will get on well with. DC had already indicated he wanted a move. Both were at Gwen's funeral today.
16-12-2006, 05:06 PM
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
good luck David
We hope that David will enjoy his new challenge and we thank him for doing so much for the TT.......

We are thinking positive that Mr Earnshaw (wasn't he a boss of Norman Wisdom) will continue successfully in Davids shoes and also will do something to stop the decline of Douglas !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
17-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

i reckon Geoff Cannel should be the tourism minister taking nothing away from DC who i have always found ok in a difficult job but ok Geoff maybe not an MHK but he could sort the co-overs out and is 100% behind the TT.
18-12-2006, 09:11 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

Sorry, Pykey, but the Isle of Man population have repeatedly sent him home empty-handed from elections.
The problems are a bit more complicated than just come-overs...and remember many of them are TT fans who forgot to go home!
BTW, I didn't see him at Gwen's funeral, but I did see both David Cretney and Adrian Earnshaw. Other MHKs were there too.
18-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

i know Geoff has been outvoted Helen cos he too straight but it was only my opinion, anyway rumour has it you might be emigrating yourself? and that will make you a come-over then you can become a MHK and reside at the Witches Tynwald. lol.
18-12-2006, 11:59 AM