Jock Taylor Memorial
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Jock Taylor Memorial
Hi all, just sharing thoughts from a very emotional but enjoyable day last Saturday.
The unveiling of the cairn went very well with many well know faces from the Scottish Roadracing world.It Was great to catch up with many friends from the past and present and Andy Laidlow and his family also came along which was very fitting.
As had been mentioned Benga and his wife travelled over from Sweden where he has been living for a while and also Anita, Jocks blonde mechanic who travelled over especially for the occasion. it was the first time she and Benga had met up for over 25 yrs.
All of the Taylor family were present and many thanks must go to Jocks neice Yvonne who has kept his name to the fore and encouraged with great enthusiasm all the hard work that has brought the memorial cairn to Pencaitland.
Jocks lovely mum Peggy was there too, now looking very frail but spoke to many of us and so appreciated all the efforts that went into todays event. After the unveiling approx 50 invited friends went along to the local hall for refreshments and many stories were swapped and in keeping with the fun that always went with the Taylor clan a bar was opened also !
Jocks neice and Anita had set up a great display of many of Jocks trophies, his leathers, fairing, and books of photographs including video footage but for me seeing the award that he was presented with on winning the World championship brought a lump to my throat. So many memories came flooding back today. Speaking to Anita i learned that in Sweden every day has a name that goes with that day and sadly on the day that Jock lost his life it was the day named Stella, so he became a star in the sky on that fatefull day, which as a friend of Jocks was very emotional for me as i had not been told that story before.
We went on however to swap many stories including the one about how Jock met Anita in the shower block at Cadwell Park where she was having a wash !!!! A great partnership was formed.
I will try and get photos up on the forum but just wanted to let you all know that it was a very special day, the sun shone and many memories were exchanged.
I am so glad that Jocks mum was able to be there. It just completed a very special day.

Stella

ps http://www.britishsuperbike.com/forum/vi...sc&start=0
A link to the bsb forum which has some more posts re the unveiling.
18-12-2006, 08:30 AM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

gone, but never forgotten - what a boy he was.
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
18-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Find Reply