Not TT but safety
jasjas Offline

Threads: 12
Not TT but safety
I know this isn't TT stuff, but there is little of that at this time of year. Most of you regular riders will, I'm sure know this, but don't shoot me down in case there is someone who doesn't realise. Twice recently I have nearly missed seeing a bike. It has been after dark in foul weather and both times the bike's single headlight was perfectly aligned with that of a following car and the bike was therefore tantamount to invisible. No blame attached to either bike or following (at good distance) car - just a bizarre alignment of headlamps that merged two into one. And before you shoot me down again, I simply wish to draw attention to the danger and yes I do think once think twice think bike - I ride one. Just be aware of the danger.
29-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I rode road bikes for years one of the reasons I sort of gave up on it was the danger.

Every day I see driving of a very poor standard.....todays idiot was driving after his car that had obviously been in an accident the whole bottom edge of the front bumper was dragging (smoking pun :wink: ) on the ground just waiting to fall off and hit the unsuspecting biker behind him.

I like to think I'm bike aware but headlights lining up is very very bazarre
29-12-2006, 09:47 PM
jasjas Offline

Threads: 12

Thanks for your comments Cargo. and yes, such bizarre alignment has just happened twice in the space of a couple of weeks. Mind you, the other day, I wondered if unknown to me I was worth a fortune as a car nearly finished me - she was wholly on my side of the road in broad daylight and clipped my shoulder as I headed for the bank - began to wonder if it was a contract killer - but silly me - realised I wasn't worth a penny so must have been just bad driving.
29-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Find Reply