Pat Hennen
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pat Hennen
I hope that Pat Hennen and Chip are invited for the TT 07 as Pat was a class act and the mountain circuit nearly cost him his life and would probably gone on to be world champion, in fact i will go one further and suggest Suziki bring them over and foot the bill?
11-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141

Good point there Pykey, i would certainly love to see him again
11-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Website Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

Hi Pykey !
Yes I did wonder myself about Pat Hennen, it would be mega if he's here with Chip. I may try and email CHip and see if they have been invited. I certainly would like to know why they haven't been invited if they haven't already !
Pat was my GP hero and I certainly agree he would've gone on to be World Champion. I was willing him to win that near fatal race at the TT, thank goodness he's still alive. Better go find that wonderful photo of Pat before the start of the race taken near the line, so much atmosphere in the background, those were the good old days !

Sorry didn't get to see you yesterday but I needed to do little walking as possible yesterday as I had a cross country round today (which I WON !)
and needed to win to keep in chance of winning the series as I've missed two rounds injuried, and I was doubtful today as I have a slight calf injury and my physio said I shouldn't run ! and my coach was concerned to but I said I'll warm up, if I don't feel it I'm in the race. Well one knows there own body ! phew !
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
11-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

1st good luck with the running Gail but going back to Pat i wonder who decides these matters as to who comes to the party? but another point Pat was the 1st rider to lap under 20 mins if memory is correct and was it his 1st TT .
11-02-2007, 09:20 PM