bad news for garry d
ade! Offline

Threads: 30
bad news for garry d
just had a mail from me bud and he's very down as you can imagine :cry:
I've not felt on form for the past few weeks and was in a lot of pain this morning with my leg, so rang the hospiTal and they said to come in. Toby Branfoot is one of the top men in the country in this field and has looked after me suoerbly since the accident.

Unfortunately its bad news, my leg has not healed and still broken and its absolutely gutted me. I'm due to go back into hospital next friday where I will have another operation. Toby is going to remove the pin from my thigh completly clean out fit another bigger pin, take a skin graft from my pelvice and put into the leg. I asked him about racing and he said at the earliest it will be september, so thats my season gone before it has began.

I trained so hard over the past months and now back to square one, but I will not this beat me. I'll get over to watch as and when I can for the craic I just love racing and its hard for me at the minute but I remain positive, Therfore I'll not be able to take part in the end to end which I was looking forward to. Can you post this up on RRI for me please, I look forward to seeing you all soon and will be over for the nxt fund rasiser for Darran's family.

ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
02-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

Chip-up Garry,

Hope we'll all see you during the season, the best of luck with a painless recovery.
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
02-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

A real sickener Gary....

....I just hope everything comes right this time, the racing will wait 'til your healthy again.

All the best for a speedy recovery
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
03-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Website Find Reply
GarryD Offline

Threads: 17

Thanks a lot to everyone for the support you have all shown, it keeps me going when I'm having a bad day. I'm gutted about the news but positive just a major set back to my plans,for this season.

Having said my leg and my health in the future is most important, I'll just have to spectate more this season and have the craic. Thanks again eberyone I really apprecaite your support.
Motor cycling, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports. All the rest are childrens games played by adults.
04-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Find Reply
crazy blanket Offline

Threads: 41

Received a text from Garry today telling me he had a 4 hour op on his leg last night carried out by Toby Branfoot. His femur was re-pinned and 2 bone grafts were carried out as well. He's already been out of bed today walking about on the leash with the physio....they are all bewildered with his resolve as he must be in a helluva pain. Garry said they reckoned he was hard as nails....but we all know he's a typical road racer... MFI....Mad For It!!!!

Get well soon pal...at this rate you'll be back with us on the run at the end of April
10-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48

Stay focused Garry, you will win!
11-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Best wishes, Garry. You're a star, boy!
11-03-2007, 10:37 PM
GarryD Offline

Threads: 17

Hi Just a wee update on things here at the mo. thanks to everyone for the messages of support text phone calls etc.

Its just over two weeks since Mr Toby Branfoot performed major surgery on my femur. And to be honest the leg feels so much better I'm not in constant pain like before. I have to go back to hospital every day for the next three weeks for IV drugs straight into the hickman line into my chest, this is to fight the serious bug which had started to grow.

Just very tired at the minute not sure if thats the drugs or my age Lol anyway thanks alot.

Garry
Motor cycling, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports. All the rest are childrens games played by adults.
24-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Garry, you're just a young laddie... keep your spirits up, you're doing great.
September isn't that far away!
24-03-2007, 07:15 PM