Little clip TT75
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28
Little clip TT75
A small clip Ive added from TT75...Not sure who the first rider is but Mick Grant is one of the riders.
Still very fast even without sound!.

http://ttsounds.com/tt2006videos.html
05-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Website Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141

Class, would the leading riders be; Tony Rutter, Billy Guthrie and John Wiliams?
Was that the year Grant won the 500 race on the Kawasaki?
05-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Website Find Reply
Chris Thackeray Offline

My brother shot the footage and he did tell me that Mick Grant won the race.
It was this footage that had me hooked on the Isle of man and I made my first visit in 76.
Cans of Beer sold outside at 7 in the morning what a way to wake upto my first Morning Practice (Creg) good old crazy days.
07-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Website Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

I am sure that Mick rode a Kwacker before that - under the Padgett banner maybe? - as I have memories of him passing me during practice, coming down to the Creg, and I could see that his sump-plug was wired properly as the beast was on its back wheel at well over the ton.......very brave man, that Mick - especially if you had met Carol :wink:
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
07-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Find Reply
Barry Wood Offline

Threads: 5

Nice one Chris.I watched that race from Bedstead Corner, as I did almost every practice and race in those days.
Actually, Peter, I was looking through my old autograph books today, and I found your signature, from 1972 TT, on the same page as Steve Moynihan, Wally Dawson, Charlie Williams and Chas Mortimer. Also Victor Soussan. Remember him? He only did the TT once, but went on to great achievements in the Grands Prix arena on TZ 350cc.
On the subject of Granty, I do remember him on a Padgett Kawasaki and I'm pretty sure that's the bike he came 3rd on in 1972 Senior. I found his autograph on the same page as Ken Huggett, Danny Shimmin, Ivan Hodgkinson and Paul Smart--signed just "Paul" as he had a broken wrist from the recent North West 200 and had difficulty writing!
I also saw Granty come off the Lee Commando at Signpost along with Keith Heckles on the 1st lap of the 1971 Formula 750. He sat on the hedge to watch the rest of the race. We were down the road at Bedstead and could see him in his green leathers!
08-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Find Reply
Barry Wood Offline

By the way Baylon, I was taking numbers at Bedstead in my programme, which, of course, I still have, and the first six riders on the road through there in that race were (1) Carpenter, (10) Grant, (2) Charlie Williams, (3) Guthrie, (14) Mortimer and (6) Derek Chatterton.
This race is featured on the TT commentary vinyl lp records, which are very hard to get your hands on nowadays. They ran from 1975 to 1980 incl, and I'm fortunate enough to have every one of them. Big Grin
08-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Find Reply
Chris Thackeray Offline

Yo Barry Hows your bike prep coming on?.
Will be at this years TT so will look you up in the paddock,will take loads of pictures and stick em up on mysite your be even more famous Lol
Found an old race programme my ex club Bemsee September 30th 1978 Snetterton.
Looking tru the race entry along side me on the grid is a famous TT rider?Ray Knight 500cc Honda from Lingfield and a Denis Casement he rings a bell.
Think I beat Ray that day on my TZ lol.
09-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Website Find Reply
Barry Wood Offline

Hi Chris my R1 is almost ready, I'm just waiting for all my stuff back painted. Got Jurby short circuit Sunday for a run out. Doing 3 races in TT. Hoping for less drama than last year!
Ray Knight lives on the IOM now and is involved with Andreas Racing Assoc. where Jurby races are held. Denis Casement was a good former TT man too. I seem to recall he had "Brazier Motors" written on his fairing?
Yep, make sure you catch up with me at the TT. I will be working from home which is only 300 yards from the paddock anyway, but you can catch up with me in the day field or scruts. Won't be long now!!
09-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Find Reply
Phil Wain Offline

Some great clips there - the 82 Junior one has some good names whizzing by, I managed to pick out Graeme McGregor, Steve Tonkin, Jeff Sayle, Charlie Williams, Derek Huxley and Norman Brown, amongst others.
13-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Find Reply