Who's going to ride next year
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Who's going to ride next year
With so many of the regulars being turned down this year for differing reasons, bike homologation etc, and there are so many places being given to new commers who may only ride one year just because its the centenary. How many riders do you think they will get next year. I am sure that alot of riders will be peeved off about being rejected and just say 'why should I bother next year'.

What is the risks of such a high number of New commers, especially after all the hoo haa of last year when there were calls for people to do the Manx first......

Lets just hope they haven't shot themselves in the foot. And it won't matter how much cash or contracts you have in the bag for this year, if it all goes wrong next year they will pull out faster than you can say themilkmanshorseisdeadanditsnamewasschlumberger.

Just a thought? any others thinking next year will see a dreamatic drop in entries?
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
16-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

Let's just pray to get through this year safely, Dave, and let 2008 look after itself.

:wink:
17-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30

On this subject, i see Wade boyd has been rejected.Here is somebody who lives for the TT, been going for years now dropped. As you say they may be making a big mistake. People like wade may not be the fastest but this guy and others like him have supported the event through thick and thin.
17-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

Sorry, shipleymanx, but "supported through thick and thin" doesn't seem to count any more.

This is an EVENT.

Sad
17-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Find Reply
maggie Offline

Threads: 7

I hadn't heard about this (being across the water.) Does anybody know how many people have been turned down? :?
17-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

I hear Barry Wood has, but not sure of it.
17-04-2007, 12:45 PM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

No Wade!!!
Thats appalling.
Sincerely, its made me feel veryvery sad and that this event is shooting itself in the foot.
The more I hear, the more angry I get.
The way things are going, I think it will ne no "MV" next year.
I just hope I wont regret having booked for this year.

But I suppose I was lucky to get accepted??
Before anyone comments that I am being irrational or wonders who
the hell I think I am to react like this.
Well, I am a TT fan who has also supported "through thick and thin."
I believe that I have made a considerable investment in what was once
a very special event.
I, like some other fans, cae back when man were turning their backs.
So dont even think about it...
You are ruining the TT and I hope you are pleased with yourselves..

MV
17-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Website Find Reply
shuffler Offline

Threads: 0

I'll second every word that MV said.Has got me thinking twice about this year.Sad.
shuffler
shuffler
17-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Find Reply
ZZR600 Offline

Threads: 0

FC Wrote:I hear Barry Wood has, but not sure of it.

Er, I don't think youve heard anything, FC. But you just thought you would drop in to do a bit of stirring.
17-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

I fuly expect this to be removed under duress, but here goes.

I you feel strongly about Wade Boyds exclusion, please sign

http://www.petitiononline.com/wadeboyd/petition.html

MV
17-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Website Find Reply
irishago Offline

Threads: 18
Entry Turned Down
Hi Gang, Well to be honest Barry Wood is in , he was turned down in the 600 supersport race because his bike was said to be to old as per regs.
Ive also been turned down on both counts but have mounted an appeal to the entry committe . But im not holding my breath. I have raced the TT since 1985 on and off and have being Racing it since 1997 with no problems always qualifyed and gone even quicker in the races them selves. I live from TT to TT to say im dissapointed is an understatement im gutted not only for myself but all the Sponsors ive brought on board through the closed season. I cant pay them back because the money is already invested in the event. Since 2003 i have been getting quicker and quicker improving by at least a Min each year in my Race average and then all of a sudden sorry we dont need you anymore. I also hear they are bringing back riders from as far back as 1993 how safe is that i wonder. Their have been at least 7+ locals turned down and of one who has won a replica in his class in the last few years. I dont really know what to say.............all the best Irish Ago....... Sad
17-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

I did fear the worse!
I am so sorry to hear that you have been rejected as well as the other true supporters of the event!
To me, one of the worse things about this is the late notice that these clowns are giving people who have atracted sponsors!
We all KNOW that gaining sponsorship takes time and doesnt happen overnight.
Apart from all the other damage done by the current ogansiser, add cheesed off and probably neve to return sponsors.
ANGRY?
You bet I am angry.
Goodness knows what you spurned stalwart racers must be feeling.

MV
17-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40

Paul Phillips has stated on iomtt.com that only 7 'TT regulars' have been refused a ride this year. As we now know, Wade and Irish Ago are among them, also Toni Rechberger who I've always perceived as being safe and more than adequately quick.

Now, I'm certain that come the start of the Senior (for example) there will probably be about 15 non-starters, so why on earth could these '7 regulars' not have been allowed to practice and as long as they hit the qualifying time, be allowed to race? Evil
17-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

That is a very good point, well put, Sticky.
But, IS it only 7 regulars?

MV
17-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Website Find Reply
irishago Offline

Threads: 18
TT Entry,s
Mr PP said 7 local Regulars i could name them but its not my place.
Their have been a lot more than 7 Regulars thats for sure........ Sad
17-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Website Find Reply
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28

I too am Gutted for you irishago, you only have to look at the fan base regarding your Buell entry on iomtt website up to 41.000 views and 260 replys.
And who came up with the bright idea of cuting the solo`s down to four races for TT100.
Plonkers.
17-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Website Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

17-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

MY SINCERE SYMPATHY AGO I HAVE A GOOD IDEA HOW YOU FEEL, I NEVER GOT TURNED DOWN FOR ANY RACE IN TWENTY YEARS EVEN WITH SEVEN STARTS IN JUBILEE YEAR, I WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD SICK IF I HAD BEEN TURNED DOWN FOR JUST ONE RACE.

WHAT IT MUST BE LIKE TO BE REFUSED A START AT ALL I CAN'T IMAGINE. S100 THE FRIENDLY RACES FOR YOU THEN?

IS MY MEMORY CONFUSED OR DID A RIDER, MAYBE A MANXMAN NOT ONCE COMMIT SUICIDE WITH A TWELVE BORE FOR BEING TURNED DOWN FOR A START IN THE MGP?
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
17-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

Hi All,

I have read with interest the reponces.

Firstly I would like to wish everyone a safe TT and also a safe years racing.

I do hope that the increase in the numbers of new riders to the TT does not result in problems for the faster riders. I do agree Paul that there have been some great performances by a few of them in the past, and I hope that trend continues.

As to them not coming back next year, I hope that the joy I have experianced in the past, as well as the fun watching from the sidelines, although it breaks my heart sometimes to think I can never do it again, will grab them by the rollocks and make them feel like I did back then. I am sure this alone will make them return, as I would have sold my arms and legs to get here for the TT I love. If not then they would probably be better staying at home rather than riding next year.

I honestly hope that the MMCC have turned people down for the right reasons and not for the sake of making room for those less worthy of a spot. I honestly believe that those people who have supported the TT for years should get priority over those that are coming here for the first time. Its a chance of saying thankyou to those who have supported the TT of the past, as the centenary should.

I am really sorry to hear of Ago not getting in I would have loved to have seen that machine round here, but most of all heard the noise of it rushing past. I definately would have had a smile on my face, as I am sure it would have brought to so many.

I know yes I know Paul, things change and that people now look more at the bottom line rather than with joy at the entry of different machines and a long list of riders who's soul has been taken my the miles of the TT course. Rather than the depth of the pocket. I do expect a reply along the lines of that I am an incurible romantic about the TT, and now romance and the love of a sport is not enough, the only thing that will sustain the longevity of the TT is a healthy bank balance together with a yearly injection of antibiotic from the Isle of Man Government, just to keep it going. It is a shame, but yes maybe a fact.

As everyone knows the TT has had a long history of change, and people of the past said it wouldn't last when they went through the changes. When the TT lost its world status for example in the days of Duke, Ago and Read, people said then that the glory days of the TT were over. They obviously didn't see Mr J Dunlop coming and carving his place in the history books years after they had all stopped then did they. Maybe, just maybe the Glory days are yet to come. Its just that they are a different set of Glory days, and for a different set of riders a new challange is dawning, and for the new younger set of fans, new heroes are just round the corner or already here and starting to carve their own names alongside those of the past.

Anyway who knows, its just a shame they just couldn't for one year have said thanks to those who have and still will support the TT.

I hope I have not upset anyone with what I have written above, and if I have, I apologise. Take care everyone and have a safe TT.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
18-04-2007, 01:28 AM
Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23

Now heres a strange thing I am going to agrre with PP.You have to have the fastest riders in the TT, no question and just because someone has been a regular 'supporter' of the races doesn't give a divine right to have entries forever.

I put supported in inverted commas because by and large I believe the TT has been supporting them and not vice versa.Lets face it racing is bloody expensive but the TT is still a cheaper option than the MGP if you can get an entry.

As the old saying goes the cream will rise to the top and rightly so.
18-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Find Reply