Want to be part of the Isle of Man’s biggest ever event? ...
Jo@tt Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Want to be part of the Isle of Man’s biggest ever event? ...
17-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

Have booked myself in for my back, sack and crack waxing right now. Do you think I need my legs doing as well?

Might be the only way I can get a ticket to the Grandstand......
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
17-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

I realise that all you guys will shoot me down in flames, but I can't stand these paddock bimbos posing around thinking EVERYONE is looking at them.Why on earth should they be given the freedom of the paddock and most likely the pits too,when most of them have no interest in bikes at all.Give the job to some lady riders if you MUST have females draped everywhere,ladies who will really appreciate being treated like ladies for a change.There are enough nice looking lady racers about nowadays.
I hope too,that they will be forced to wear flameproof overalls in the pit lane,like the rest of us :twisted:
17-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Nice one Hilary!!!

MV
17-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Website Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

:wink:
17-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

Hi Hilary

I'm not going to shoot you down and in fact I agree with you. That's not to say I don't like looking at pretty girls though I must make clear :oops:

We do have some sponsorship obligations to meet including promotional girls and to be fair to Jo who is managing this for us, she is road racing mad, and goes all over the country with her dad watching racing.

See you on Sunday.

Paul
17-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

Plenty of hookers down the Dock Road in Birkenhell without having them wandering around the paddock and pits area.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
17-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Tom Loughridge Wrote:Plenty of hookers down the Dock Road in Birkenhell without having them wandering around the paddock and pits area.

Very PC. Nice!
17-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

WELL YOU WOULD NEVER SEE JOEY ALLOW IS PHOTO TO BE TAKEN SURROUNDED BY PROMOTIONAL FLOOZIES DEFINITELY A NO NO, AND AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND NO SUCH PHOTO EXISTS.

HE HAD PRINCIPLES AS A TRUE GENTLEMAN AND A GOOD CHARITABLE PRESBYTERIAN CHRISTIAN AND I DON'T THINK HE WOULD HAVE LIKED HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS OR ANYONE ELSE TO SEE HIM DRAPED IN HALF NAKED TARTS.

JUST MY OPINION, PERHAPS I COME FROM A DIFFERENT ERA WITH DIFFERENT STANDARDS AND SELF RESPECT.
17-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Maybe so, but they are not comparable with prostitutes!

Paul
17-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

LIKE I SAID JUST MY OPINION. PC OR NOT.

NOW LET ME SEE WAS NOT THAT LADY MILLS-McCARTNEY WOMAN A 'MODEL'?
17-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390

Whoa there.

Now, as some of the content in this thread is sure to result in further issues, I am adding my two penn'orth in order to try and bring some sensibility back to it.

First of all, I personally know a young girl who has been doing her "brolly dolly" bit for a couple of years now, with Bennets at British Superbike and various other promotional events. She is mad keen on bikes, loves the sport and if anyone were to refer to her as a "Lady of negotiable vitrue" for doing what she thoroughly loves, then not only would the person making such a statement, have to face her own personal wrath, but also be confronted by her mother and father, whom I both know would rip your face off for having said such a thing.

People may have their opinions on certain aspects of life, however where it concerns individuals, and comments are made based on those personal opinions, which are deemed to be derogatory to those individuals, you had better watch out as in this day and age, litigation is sure to follow.

In this instance we have a simple request asking for young ladies to come forward and be a part of the Greatest Motorcycle event in the world, just the same as those who supply you with your beer, burgers, T shirts and various other items during the TT Festival. How did this degenerate into something that could ultimately be litigious and harmful to this site if one of those young ladies decides to take this matter further.

If you disagree with what some people call progress, then fine, do so, make your comment. However do so in a manner that is sensible and non-confrontational. Do not make comments that are derogatory to those who are part of that progress that you disagree with.

I don't know how many times, myself, Helen and Cargo have had to delete postings on this site that could have started a war, hundreds easily; and we shall continue to do so if we feel that there is a chance that conflict will occur.

Be sensible, stop for a moment before you press that "Submit" button. Read your proposed posting again and ask yourself who may this offend and what potential consequences there are if I post this".

I could have deleted the original posting from the outset, as it is clearly made from by an alternative site representative. However I did not, as I personally thought "Why should I, why not help to let some younger people become involved in some small way with the best event in the world and one that we all wish had a much higher profile within the Motorcycling world". We all want to TT to continue, thrive and progress, it is no good living in the past, progress is progress and we have to live with it.

Didn't your mam and dad moan about your long hair or the shortness of your mini-skirt (for those who go that far back I mean). Think about it, you are now thinking and behaving like your parents used to do. Let the younger generation become involved and begin to appreciate what the TT is all about. To keep them out will only help to see this event decline into oblivion.

I left the original posting on here, and now perhaps I wish I hadn't, as I would not be spending my time writing this posting to try and bring this matter to closure.

Be aware of the fact, that I will not hesitate to delete any postings at all, that I deem to be derogatory in any way to this site and/or to any individual.

Malcolm.
18-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Models
When I read the posting first, I thought it meant models of Motorcycles (after all I am 67 !) but reading on, as an "old" man I still like to see the odd limb and boob on display as long as it /they don't get in the way of the bikes and/or put off the sex mad riders !!

Personally, I used to enjoy Sammy Marshall and her band of Bike Shed Babes which did so much for their sponsors and audience in the Hilton..
They knew how to sell without a doubt !! (I've got the videos to prove it !)

Likewise the girls who assist the Bike Trader group do it with decorum and dignity....

But to advertise about posing just to get on TV etc......

This does seem to detract from the true reasons for being at the TT.....

My wife says I have nice legs, for a man, so I am packing my "Alan Partridge" brief leather posing pouch, my collar and bow tie and my cuffs because it did not stipulate what sex they really want !!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
18-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Website Find Reply
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28

Awwwwwwwwww the lovely young lady that was sitting on Martin Finnegans bike at last years paddock walk about was very very fit.
Lets face it your not gonna get a 20 stone moose on a bike it wont like right.
19-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Website Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14

Jo, its quite clear that some people think that good looking, sexy, flirty women have no room in motorcycle racing, so I would hate to think that these girls when they are working as promoters get any abuse from the suffrogettes, so I'd like to offer my services as a personal aide to these girls. I do not have any tickets to get to the Isle of Man, so would need them sorting, accomodation I could sort myself, if push came to shove I could always sleep on the floor of the girls room, just to make sure they were safe at night!! If a jobs worth doing and all that!!! Looking forward to hearing from you with dates,times etc.
Kindest Regards
Russ smilie
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
22-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

-----and i'll carry your bags for you mr henley Tongue
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
22-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Find Reply